+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Didn’t mention correct maritial status on my student visa application

Krishanth

Feb 19, 2021
I arrived Canada in 2019 as an International student however, after completing my studies I’m holding a PGWP now. Recently I tried applying for an OWP for my wife who lives in Sri Lanka through an immigration lawyer in Canada and found out that my student consultant back home didn’t mention my marital status as married in my student visa application but, when I applied for my Co-op Work permit and PGWP I have clearly mentioned that I’m married and her details. Would that be an issue for my wife’s OWP? Again, in my current visa which is PGWP I have mentioned I’m married and also in my Co-op work permit.
Appreciate your support!

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I arrived Canada in 2019 as an International student however, after completing my studies I’m holding a PGWP now. Recently I tried applying for an OWP for my wife who lives in Sri Lanka through an immigration lawyer in Canada and found out that my student consultant back home didn’t mention my marital status as married in my student visa application but, when I applied for my Co-op Work permit and PGWP I have clearly mentioned that I’m married and her details. Would that be an issue for my wife’s OWP? Again, in my current visa which is PGWP I have mentioned I’m married and also in my Co-op work permit.
Appreciate your support!

Thank you
Impossible to say. You are responsible for what a consultant has filed. The fact that you did mention that you were married in your co-op and PGWP certainly helps. Impossible to say of your spouse will get the OWP. Assume you have a job in NOC 0, A or B and have 3 pay stubs. If you have a strong relationship history and have spent in time in person you have a very good of approval. Once approved she'll need special authorization to travel

Krishanth

Feb 19, 2021
Impossible to say. You are responsible for what a consultant has filed. The fact that you did mention that you were married in your co-op and PGWP certainly helps. Impossible to say of your spouse will get the OWP. Assume you have a job in NOC 0, A or B and have 3 pay stubs. If you have a strong relationship history and have spent in time in person you have a very good of approval. Once approved she'll need special authorization to travel
I have a job in NOC B and I have 03 pay stubs. What’s it about special authorization to travel? However; in September I’ll be able to apply for PNP program which eventually leads to PR. Do you think I should wait for it and then apply PR for both of us at the same time. Would that be a better strategy? or low-risk?

I’m so thankful for the response

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have a job in NOC B and I have 03 pay stubs. What’s it about special authorization to travel? However; in September I’ll be able to apply for PNP program which eventually leads to PR. Do you think I should wait for it and then apply PR for both of us at the same time. Would that be a better strategy? or low-risk?

I’m so thankful for the response
No need to delay applying for OWP. Applying for PNP won’t have an impact on your OWP application. Your spouse currently needs to apply for special authorization to travel unless she has a job offer. Processing for OWP takes many months so it is hard to say what you will need to apply for at that point.

Krishanth

Feb 19, 2021
No need to delay applying for OWP. Applying for PNP won’t have an impact on your OWP application. Your spouse currently needs to apply for special authorization to travel unless she has a job offer. Processing for OWP takes many months so it is hard to say what you will need to apply for at that point.
What if I submit an explanation letter and explain the situation, do you recommend it? My lawyer said, if I submit her OWP they may banned my visa for 05 years for misrepresentation and I won’t be able to apply for my PR. This issue is killing me and I’m so unable to take a decision . I thought wait for PNP and give it a shot would give me better chance of getting visas.

appreciate your response

Krishanth

Feb 19, 2021
Hell
Hello there,

my wife has received her medical examination request from IRCC, is it a good sign of her getting visa? Just curious to know ur opinion. Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hell

Hello there,

my wife has received her medical examination request from IRCC, is it a good sign of her getting visa? Just curious to know ur opinion. Thank you
Yes, that should be a good sign. However you won't know for certain until you have a decision. Good luck.