+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Didn’t mention correct maritial details on the student visa application

Krishanth

Feb 19, 2021
I arrived Canada in 2019 as an International student however, after completing my studies I’m holding a PGWP now. Recently I tried applying for an OWP for my wife who lives in Sri Lanka through an immigration lawyer in Canada and found out that my student consultant back home didn’t mention my marital status as married in my student visa application but, when I applied for my Co-op Work permit and PGWP I have clearly mentioned that I’m married and her details. Would that be an issue for my wife’s OWP? Again, in my current visa which is PGWP I have mentioned I’m married and also in my Co-op work permit.
Appreciate your support!

Thank you

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
I arrived Canada in 2019 as an International student however, after completing my studies I’m holding a PGWP now. Recently I tried applying for an OWP for my wife who lives in Sri Lanka through an immigration lawyer in Canada and found out that my student consultant back home didn’t mention my marital status as married in my student visa application but, when I applied for my Co-op Work permit and PGWP I have clearly mentioned that I’m married and her details. Would that be an issue for my wife’s OWP? Again, in my current visa which is PGWP I have mentioned I’m married and also in my Co-op work permit.
Appreciate your support!

Thank you
Probably not an issue but it would be recommendable to attach an LOE to the application explaining this just to clarify any misunderstading.

Krishanth

Feb 19, 2021
For sure, I’ll do an explanation letter and I can prove my marriage is genuine by wedding pics, social media post and travel history, would that make little stronger?
Thank you

Krishanth

Feb 19, 2021
Probably not an issue but it would be recommendable to attach an LOE to the application explaining this just to clarify any misunderstading.
Hello there,

my spouse received her medical examination request yesterday, is it a good sign of her visa?