+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did you sponsor your husband and gain approval without an interview?

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Just wanting to get a show of hands and see how many female sponsors were able to sponsor their spouse successfully, and were not requested for an interview.

thanks
rasha

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Inshallah ya fairouz! But let's just say I have a ton of evidence on many levels, if they do :). And it helps to live next door to my MP lol.

mingus

Star Member
Aug 30, 2008
My husband had an interview and was rejected. We are appealing but it seems from his CAIPS notes the reasons he was rejected was based on his interview, which by the way did not go well for many reasons, one being a translator who did not correctly translate what he was replying.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I successfully sponsored my husband recently. We didn't have any interview. My husband is Tibetan and we applied through the New Delhi office.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
mingus said:
My husband had an interview and was rejected. We are appealing but it seems from his CAIPS notes the reasons he was rejected was based on his interview, which by the way did not go well for many reasons, one being a translator who did not correctly translate what he was replying.
Mingus, I am so sorry to hear that :-(. Hopefully you have gained some insight through the CAIPS notes and hopefully you will get it through your appeal :).

What is your husband's home office embassy? I think a lot of people get tripped up with the Interview - as they are nervous and in some respects, many have never even done a mock interview. I would highly recommend that. When I was applying to medicals schools, and prior to my interviews - I found doing that was highly advantageous and actually put me at great ease for the real mccoy (thing).

I know there are many Interview Questions floating around, and I think Lois Lane posted some really good ones earlier back - you might try to search on her name to see that.

Best of Luck!! Please keep us posted.

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
I think those that sponsored their husbands and had no interview are hardly here anymore as they are enjoying married life in Canada lol :)

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Boncuk said:
I think those that sponsored their husbands and had no interview are hardly here anymore as they are enjoying married life in Canada lol :)
I would tend to agree with you :).

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
ha ha ha ... some of them are still here! lol :)

Before I got my visa, everyone disappeared on me. lol When I needed to ask a q, there was no one to answer. So I don't want this to happen to anyone so this is why I am here :D

By the way, my hubby is middle eastern and lived in 2 middle eastern countries and still didn't get an interview. An interview is not about security or anything. If your case is simple and they are convinced based on the evidance submited, then interview is waved. If they are not, then an interview scheduled.

Now, an interivew means that the case is mostly to be rejected unless saved by this interview. so what you can do to save yourself is to be calm and submit more evidance and also get ready. :)

hirenkarishma

Mar 17, 2009
i m scared becuse i lived in two contry... as i spend 6 year in U.K. for study and rest of my time in India... i produced all the documents to them regarding our relationship... we provide ample of evidance regarding our marriage...

mingus

Star Member
Aug 30, 2008
What is your husband's home office embassy?
Well, that is a good question. My husband is in Jordan but all paperwork for his area goes thru Damascus. His interview was done in Jordan and it looks to me that the refusal also came from Jordan.

We went over and over the questions that have been posted here and on other sites, but they were not what was asked. Most of what was asked was about things I said in letters I sent. It really bugged me because they tell you to be available when your spouse has their interview in case they want to ask you some questions but no one called and like I said, most of the questions were about things I said. Wouldn't it had made sense to have asked me why I said what I said?

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
fairouzm said:
Now, an interivew means that the case is mostly to be rejected unless saved by this interview. so what you can do to save yourself is to be calm and submit more evidance and also get ready. :)
this is not true, an interview is simply to have things cleared up, ofcourse it could cause a refusal or an approval but its not like an IO is tending to approve or refuse in advance.