Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Passport Req..
03-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-09-2013
LANDED..........
12-11-2013
Re-applying is not a healthy solution to clear backlog. Rather it will make the situation more grave.

Imagine all people waiting as backlog, attempt to re-apply in remaining 29 NOCs if at all their NOCs have not reached CAPS. CIC will issue another letter that they have received enough applications in this year so previous backlog applications can't be processed for next 3 - 4 years.

New Applications for processing will consume time & those in backlog categories (38 list) now not in 29 & Old applicants waiting since 2004 will have to wait even more.

grewal

Dec 6, 2010
UP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadian Dreams said:
I just wonder & doubt if there is any concrete logic behind "Last come First serve" basis. This is apparently creating backlogs.

Fair enough that some NOCs are not in demand as per Canadian market needs but if a person of a particular NOC especially of 38 list & now not in 29 list doesn't gets Job in his field then he/she will never sit idle. I bet people are versatile/multifarious enough to adapt to new jobs different from their particular fields.

The question remains that if sooner or later they have to clear back-logs especially of MI-1 then why not now ? Why to create a back log & then start working & adpoting measures to clear them ?

> I am sure many of us must have been planning to upgrade academic/professional qualifications but not "Investing" thinking of doing it in Canada.

> This delay is simply refraining us from planning things in our respective countries & always keeps us in a predicament.

> We are conserving our financial resources to use them in Canada curbing our desires & sometimes even necessities.

> This delay makes us restless in our present jobs also, since we are not able to concentrate & we are living in mere darkness

> These vital times being axed away from our lifes by waiting for a decision on our applications shall never be re-called, where as a verdict affirmative or negative would have actually cleared the road-map of our future in Canada or in our respective countries.

Atleast CIC should direct respective VOs for scrutinizing all the backlog applications for affirmative or negative eligibility & inform the applicants accodingly. If need be than they can hold the positive applications (of 38 NOCs not presently in demand) from issuing medical requests confirming that it will take a definite time period which will be strictly followed by the VO.

This will certainly kill the uncertainity in our minds.
Rightly said, +1 for u Canadian Dreams

Canadian Dreams

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
26-08-2010
AOR Received.
NS > 03-05-2010, NDVO > 26-11-2010
Med's Request
03-06-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Passport Req..
03-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-09-2013
LANDED..........
12-11-2013
Thanks Buddies, who share the same opinion & my gratitude to those who differ to me on certain grounds :)

But i believe that discussing here at this forum is just a mode of giving vent to our thoughts.

I wish CIC, Canadian Government & Ministers in Mandate should actually give it a second thought. Its high time they must realise that lifes & future of so many Individuals & their families is on a pendulum since neither they are able to think & plan about their future in their own country, nor they are getting any clear signs to look forward & plan their future in Canada.

pb55

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
schwarzeradler said:
Greed, Greed and Greed!!. It's all about money making, politics etc etc isn't it!!
..... and lack of "common sense" a skill that also seems to be on short supply in Ca but still didn't place find in 29 category list :D

At the time of introducing MI in Feb2008 if the CIC had simply culled through the files and picked up the so called "in-demand" occupations the backlog would have also been reduced and "in-demand" thing would have also been met. The Canadians rather went the opposite way of making people apply all over again to fit in MI-1 or later in MI-2 or MI-3. So now we have four parallel queues running with the last to come been made a priority. As DreamCanada said it has made things more complicated rather than solving the problem, but who can explain this to the CIC. Hats-off to the planners in this department.

Consider this, a doctor who applied in Jan 2008 will have to wait 10 +years for his application to be processed, but a doctor who applied in Feb2008 jumps right in front of the queue and got processed in 6 months. Similarly suppose a doctor applied under MI-1 towards May 2010 will still be waiting for his application to be processed while a doctor who applied in Junly2010 would be in Canada. Is this rocket science?

ADUFE

Jun 28, 2009
Canadian Dreams said:
Re-applying is not a healthy solution to clear backlog. Rather it will make the situation more grave.

Imagine all people waiting as backlog, attempt to re-apply in remaining 29 NOCs if at all their NOCs have not reached CAPS. CIC will issue another letter that they have received enough applications in this year so previous backlog applications can't be processed for next 3 - 4 years.

New Applications for processing will consume time & those in backlog categories (38 list) now not in 29 & Old applicants waiting since 2004 will have to wait even more.
Very well said, Canada dreams! +1 for you!

ADUFE

Jun 28, 2009
pb55 said:
..... and lack of "common sense" a skill that also seems to be on short supply in Ca but still didn't place find in 29 category list :D

At the time of introducing MI in Feb2008 if the CIC had simply culled through the files and picked up the so called "in-demand" occupations the backlog would have also been reduced and "in-demand" thing would have also been met. The Canadians rather went the opposite way of making people apply all over again to fit in MI-1 or later in MI-2 or MI-3. So now we have four parallel queues running with the last to come been made a priority. As DreamCanada said it has made things more complicated rather than solving the problem, but who can explain this to the CIC. Hats-off to the planners in this department.

Consider this, a doctor who applied in Jan 2008 will have to wait 10 +years for his application to be processed, but a doctor who applied in Feb2008 jumps right in front of the queue and got processed in 6 months. Similarly suppose a doctor applied under MI-1 towards May 2010 will still be waiting for his application to be processed while a doctor who applied in Junly2010 would be in Canada. Is this rocket science?
"So-called "in-demand" occupations is the right phrase. Like someone rightly observed on another forum, how many of those in the so-called "in-demand' occupations were able able to work in the professions for which they were selected once they arrived in Canada?! I'm sure it's less than 10% as most had/have to upgrade their qualifications to "Canadian standards" before they were/will be able to work in their professions. Therefore all this talk about in-demand occupations is just that; empty, meaningless gibberish!!

Chami

Mar 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
in-deman or not in demand, cic and VOs should be processing all applications in "first come first serve" basis!!! That would be fair to all of us. By making up MI1 etc. they made our and own lives (work) more complicated
I don't know how long I can patiently wait...
Chami

sunnyslietian

Nov 16, 2009
punjab,india
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 2010
Doc's Request.
april 2010
Nomination.....
Full docs on July 2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR july
IELTS Request
Already done
File Transfer...
april 2010
Hello friends as we pre june applicants struggling with delay . i ve come across a eminent canadian lawyers who sued CIC in 2003 n got a positive decision against wrong policies of CIC ......n now seeing injustice with pre june + pre 2008 applicants he is preparing to sue CIC again for its queue jumping policies n delays ...i had exchanged some emails with him n discussed the matter ,in nutshel he had sent me a Analysis + class action proposal . i told him i will put the same infront all of u my fellow applicants. DO READ IT ,THINK IT n DO YOUR OWN DECISION.........http://www.4shared.com/document/FJTfP-rF/CIC_website_-_an_analysis__rev.html

S

saedmahraan

sunnyslietian said:
Hello friends as we pre june applicants struggling with delay . i ve come across a eminent canadian lawyers who sued CIC in 2003 n got a positive decision against wrong policies of CIC ......n now seeing injustice with pre june + pre 2008 applicants he is preparing to sue CIC again for its queue jumping policies n delays ...i had exchanged some emails with him n discussed the matter ,in nutshel he had sent me a Analysis + class action proposal . i told him i will put the same infront all of u my fellow applicants. DO READ IT ,THINK IT n DO YOUR OWN DECISION.........http://www.4shared.com/document/FJTfP-rF/CIC_website_-_an_analysis__rev.html
thank you for your efforts

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All!

A friend of mine who applied in 2007 for FSW has received the following email. Hope it will help to understand the time lines of backlog applicants. Here is the email.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your enquiry

For Federal Skilled Worker applicants who applied before February 27, 2008.

We have received enough Federal Skilled Worker applications since February 27, 2008 to reach our immigration levels for the next two years. Because they reflect Canada's current labour market needs, applications under the most recent set of ministerial instructions are processed on a priority basis. Therefore, few Federal Skilled Worker applications received before February 27, 2008 will be processed this year or next.

The exception is the small number of cases where federal skilled worker applicants have already received instructions to undergo their medical examinations. These applicants should receive a final decision within 12 months of completing their medical examination.

The Action Plan for Faster Immigration has helped reduce application backlogs and wait times. Before the Action Plan was introduced, Canada had a backlog of over 640,000 people in the federal skilled worker category waiting as long as six years to be processed. In just three years, we've been able to get more than 300,000 people out of the lineup - that's close to half those who were waiting.

When a Federal Skilled Worker application is due for assessment, our office will send a letter asking the applicant to submit updated information in support of the application. This new information will be reviewed by an immigration officer who will determine if you meet the requirements for immigration.

Please wait until you receive this letter before providing any new information relating to changes in your personal circumstances, additional dependents, new employment, education or new identity documents.

Our office sends immigration decisions and information requests by post or by email to the mailing and email addresses provided in the application. Therefore, it is important that our office be notified immediately of any change of address and contact details.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

We have admended your e-mail address.

Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit

Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux

Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada

38 Grosvenor Street

London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA

United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni

Government of Canada

schwarzeradler

Mar 10, 2010
pb55 said:
is it not obvious enough that that is why they seek/are looking for immigrants? - LOL