+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did you Know? - BACKLOG THEORY

TheTheory

Jul 5, 2011
Speaking about backlogs and clearing them out, I just wanted to clear out one thing.

Did you have the feeling before that CIC does not know what they are doing but they are doing it anyway?
Did you know that, instead of dealing with 1 backlog, CIC have generated more than 1 backlog because the unplanned changes they introduced

Backlog 1: Old applicants until Feb 2008 (PRE-FEB)
Backlog 2: New applicants between Feb 2008 and June 2010 (1st Ministrial Instructions 38 Occupations)
Backlog 3: New applicants between July 2010 and June 2011 (2nd Ministrial Instructions 29 Occupations + Cap 20000)
Backlog 4: Not yet piled up, New Applicants between July 2011 and probably June 2012 next new instructions (29 Occupations + Cap 10000).

Of course the new measures will always help reduce backlog, but which backlog? Its a matter of prioritization to them.

Ismael5

Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
yes
AOR Received.
yes
IELTS Request
yes
File Transfer...
yes
Med's Request
Passport Req..
no I really don't know backlock theory :(
but I know post hune 10 will be priorite

Ismael

noman

Jun 13, 2010
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
1111 and 0111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2004
Doc's Request.
08/07/2011
AOR Received.
sep 2004
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
The one who are 4 pre feb 2008 are suffering
a lot, as they are waiting 4 a long time. :mad:

onestar

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
some applicants got documents updates
At last they started but very slow processing
It will take years to clear the backlog cases

Sector7

Star Member
Jun 30, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TheTheory said:
Speaking about backlogs and clearing them out, I just wanted to clear out one thing.

Did you have the feeling before that CIC does not know what they are doing but they are doing it anyway?
Did you know that, instead of dealing with 1 backlog, CIC have generated more than 1 backlog because the unplanned changes they introduced

Backlog 1: Old applicants until Feb 2008 (PRE-FEB)
Backlog 2: New applicants between Feb 2008 and June 2010 (1st Ministrial Instructions 38 Occupations)
Backlog 3: New applicants between July 2010 and June 2011 (2nd Ministrial Instructions 29 Occupations + Cap 20000)
Backlog 4: Not yet piled up, New Applicants between July 2011 and probably June 2012 next new instructions (29 Occupations + Cap 10000).

Of course the new measures will always help reduce backlog, but which backlog? Its a matter of prioritization to them.
So u think CIC do not know what they are doing ?
you are wrong buddy, i think they know exactly what they are doinga nd how they will deal with those BACKLOGS ..... main thing is that, none of us knows how they doing it ....

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
The longer waiting time is an unanimous decision by CIC and all its wings.
They know very well what they are doing and how long they're gonna keep the applicants hanging.

pb55

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
If CIC knew what they were doing there would have been NO backlogs in the first place.
Backlog means poor or no planning.

Canadian Dreams

Jul 23, 2011
I just wonder & doubt if there is any concrete logic behind "Last come First serve" basis. This is apparently creating backlogs.

Fair enough that some NOCs are not in demand as per Canadian market needs but if a person of a particular NOC especially of 38 list & now not in 29 list doesn't gets Job in his field then he/she will never sit idle. I bet people are versatile/multifarious enough to adapt to new jobs different from their particular fields.

The question remains that if sooner or later they have to clear back-logs especially of MI-1 then why not now ? Why to create a back log & then start working & adpoting measures to clear them ?

> I am sure many of us must have been planning to upgrade academic/professional qualifications but not "Investing" thinking of doing it in Canada.

> This delay is simply refraining us from planning things in our respective countries & always keeps us in a predicament.

> We are conserving our financial resources to use them in Canada curbing our desires & sometimes even necessities.

> This delay makes us restless in our present jobs also, since we are not able to concentrate & we are living in mere darkness

> These vital times being axed away from our lifes by waiting for a decision on our applications shall never be re-called, where as a verdict affirmative or negative would have actually cleared the road-map of our future in Canada or in our respective countries.

Atleast CIC should direct respective VOs for scrutinizing all the backlog applications for affirmative or negative eligibility & inform the applicants accodingly. If need be than they can hold the positive applications (of 38 NOCs not presently in demand) from issuing medical requests confirming that it will take a definite time period which will be strictly followed by the VO.

This will certainly kill the uncertainity in our minds.

rahatx

Jul 7, 2011
I agree with candiandreams.

The least the VO could do is to inform applicants of the possibility of positive or negative decision. Also, informing the applicants of an approx. time frame will help plan our future.
This is an extremely difficult situation where we are unable to move forward or backward.

by the way:
anyone in the same timeline? or rcvd med req?
initial app: nov'09
VO-singapore
ecas: in process (processing started nov30'09)

thnx.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

pb55 said:
If CIC knew what they were doing there would have been NO backlogs in the first place.
Backlog means poor or no planning.
Has nothing to do with CIC. It was the politicians who lowered the points from 75 to 67 in 2003 . When the points were 75 CIC received enough applications and there was a very little backlog. There was actually 10K applications under the Quota of applications in 2003.

Man In Black

Dec 21, 2010
Pak
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2010
Doc's Request.
11-10-2010
AOR Received.
12-05-2011
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Request
waiting
Canadian dream is absolutely right,i think no.1 priority is post june 2010 applicants,then they select applicants from pre june 2010 and backlog of 2007,2006 etc but they consider the NOC which is now indemand ,eg although the NOC 4131 is prejune but they r keeping it onhold and they can select an applicant from 2007 or 2006 with the NOC which is now in some demand after three or four years gap.this is my understanding as many 2007 and 2006 applicants also got MR

MSMirza

Oct 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
.. waiting .. & .. waiting ..
Why not scrutinize applications and pick out the ones that belong to the current list & treat them as priority? Why keep the poor souls waiting? Instead of utilizing common sense, things are turned around and made more complicated!! :mad:

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

MSMirza said:
Why not scrutinize applications and pick out the ones that belong to the current list & treat them as priority? Why keep the poor souls waiting? Instead of utilizing common sense, things are turned around and made more complicated!! :mad:
Because there are 322K applications in the skilled worker backlog. If the applicants qualify under the present "29" jobs, they should take a little initiative and re-apply.

MSMirza

Oct 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
.. waiting .. & .. waiting ..
So i believe CIC is least bothered about it, finds an easier way to avoid all the hassle and only entertains new applications eh!! I personally would apply again but my original docs are rotting in their warehouse.

PMM said:
Hi

Because there are 322K applications in the skilled worker backlog. If the applicants qualify under the present "29" jobs, they should take a little initiative and re-apply.