Did they change it??

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone!

Well the time is almost at hand to submit my citizenship application!

I have a question, I was told back in June 2014 (by a settlement worker) that I would need to submit T4's and NOA's of the past two years with my citizenship application. After reading the citizenship guide AND Instructions AND reading the citizenship form, I could find nothing of the sort. I then called CIC and asked the call agent about this and if I would need to provide work records or PROOF of work, they said no, it isn't on the form or in the instructions. They were quite adamant about it and I even asked if they had changed it. They said not that they were aware of. She did say that if I received a RQ I would need those documents but for the initial application I do not.

Please can someone confirm this.

Thanks and Happy new year!

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
ScubaC said:
Hi everyone!

I have a question, I was told back in June 2014 (by a settlement worker) that I would need to submit T4's and NOA's of the past two years with my citizenship application. After reading the citizenship guide AND Instructions AND reading the citizenship form, I could find nothing of the sort. I then called CIC and asked the call agent about this and if I would need to provide work records or PROOF of work, they said no, it isn't on the form or in the instructions. They were quite adamant about it and I even asked if they had changed it. They said not that they were aware of. She did say that if I received a RQ I would need those documents but for the initial application I do not.

You're looking for someone to confirm what a CIC official just told you and that after you questioned the official guideline?

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am looking for someone to confirm that I am not losing my mind and they DID indeed change some requirements.

I just found another thread which I just posted in stating that they indeed DID ask for T4's and NOA's

It seems they have changed the form.

Anyone has the form from before May 2014? That would explain it.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I think you are confusing the citizenship application requirements with the new PR renewal application requirements.

Sassy22

Nov 5, 2014
you do not need to sumit any t4 it only confuses your application more, i didnt submit anything that wasnt required, my application shows in process after two months I apply in july 2014

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ScubaC said:
Hi everyone!

Yes. They did in May. I have a previous form (02-2014) and the work records request is there. Form 05-2014 has it removed. You don't have to submit any work records with your application. Good luck! :)

@Era, the OP had concerns and came here to seek confirmation. It's an important process/time in our lives. I'm asking you to stop dismissing and ridiculing people. It's not the first time you've done it. If you don't want to help, please don't post your demeaning comments. Thanks.

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aed,

Thanks so much for the assurance and for the confirmation that I was not losing my mind!

That's great news thanks so much :)

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ScubaC said:
aed,

Thanks so much for the assurance and for the confirmation that I was not losing my mind!

That's great news thanks so much :)
Good luck, Scuba! I hope you get your citizenship soon! Please keep us posted. :)