+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did not send Canadian child's passport for passport request.Confused after COPR!

schemingon

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
I did not send my Canadian child's passport upon PPR, although her details were mentioned as accompanying family member in the application.
Now when I received the COPR, it has a statement where it is mentioned about the need to have all accompanying family members in the document. I only have my spouse's name mentioned in the document, may be because I did not send the child's passport. Not sure whether I should have sent the child's passport also.

Please help if any of the members has a Canadian child and have gone through a similar experience. What was the experience/explanation during the landing. Will it be a cause of concern during the landing.

Thanks in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
schemingon said:
I did not send my Canadian child's passport upon PPR, although her details were mentioned as accompanying family member in the application.
Now when I received the COPR, it has a statement where it is mentioned about the need to have all accompanying family members in the document. I only have my spouse's name mentioned in the document, may be because I did not send the child's passport. Not sure whether I should have sent the child's passport also.
You were not supposed to send your Canadian child's passport. The child should not be listed on the COPR.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
schemingon said:
No, you're fine. "Accompanying" in IRCC-speak means "co-applicant for permanent residence."

So, no, a Canadian-born child cannot "accompany" because she will not become a permanent resident, she is already a citizen.

Just bring your child's birth certificate/passport with you when you land, there will be no questions.

chiranjit

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
I have a Canadian child whom I have mentioned as an accompanying children along with my spouse. Though they have not asked for medicals under the document checklist for my daughter, but in the application fees, I see that they have listed her name and corresponding fees.
Just wanted to know if they are supposed to charge us for processing her PR. She is already a citizen.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
chiranjit said:
I have a Canadian child whom I have mentioned as an accompanying children along with my spouse.

Can you change her status to non-accompanying?

Though they have not asked for medicals under the document checklist for my daughter, but in the application fees, I see that they have listed her name and corresponding fees.
Just wanted to know if they are supposed to charge us for processing her PR. She is already a citizen.

Well, they are supposed to charge for all applicants for PR, you listed her as accompanying (meaning, she is applying for PR), so... but I agree, the application could be better designed to automatically exclude anyone identified as a citizen.

if you DO pay, you would eventually be refunded, but better to get it straightened out now.

chiranjit

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
I cannot change her to non accompanying as it will not be a correct statement since she will be accompanying us, also it will affect the amount of POF as it will bring down the POF from 3 to 2 people.

Is there anyway that I can get it resolved with CIC? Do I need to contact them via phone? Is there any number to contact them?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

chiranjit said:
I have a Canadian child whom I have mentioned as an accompanying children along with my spouse. Though they have not asked for medicals under the document checklist for my daughter, but in the application fees, I see that they have listed her name and corresponding fees.
1. You really should have read the instructions. On the application it states "Do not include any family members who are already Permanent residents or Canadian citizens" You will have to apply for a refund of her fees.

chiranjit

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
PMM said:
Hi

1. You really should have read the instructions. On the application it states "Do not include any family members who are already Permanent residents or Canadian citizens" You will have to apply for a refund of her fees.
Can you please point out exactly where it states the same. Under the Application/Profile Details >> Family section, it states:------------------

We need to know some information about Chiranjit Basak's family. Tell us about his/her family.
How many family members does Chiranjit Basak have? (This includes Chiranjit Basak, a spouse or partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.)

If you click the help link, it says-------------

Help - How many family members does Chiranjit Basak have? (This includes Chiranjit Basak, a spouse or partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.)
Include yourself, your spouse or partner, and any children that you have, even if your spouse, partner or children will not come to Canada. Do not include your parents or any other relatives.

If you have no spouse/partner or any dependent children, put '1.'

Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

chiranjit said:
Can you please point out exactly where it states the same. Under the Application/Profile Details >> Family section, it states:------------------

We need to know some information about Chiranjit Basak's family. Tell us about his/her family.
How many family members does Chiranjit Basak have? (This includes Chiranjit Basak, a spouse or partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.)

If you click the help link, it says-------------

Help - How many family members does Chiranjit Basak have? (This includes Chiranjit Basak, a spouse or partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.)
Include yourself, your spouse or partner, and any children that you have, even if your spouse, partner or children will not come to Canada. Do not include your parents or any other relatives.

If you have no spouse/partner or any dependent children, put '1.'

Thanks.

1. Read the Imm 008 Application the instructions above dependents.
2. Read the IMM 5406 where a Canadian child would be listed.

chiranjit

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
PMM said:
Hi

1. Read the Imm 008 Application the instructions above dependents.
2. Read the IMM 5406 where a Canadian child would be listed.
I went through the IMM008 and it says that canadian/PR dependants should not be listed. In the form 5406, it doesnt say anything specific. So, I assume all dependants are to be listed.

Now the question is, do we need to refer these forms as nowhere it says that we need to upload these forms. Am I missing something here?

Also if I dont mention my child as a dependant, what should be my response to the following questions:

1. How many family members does Chiranjit Basak have? (This includes Chiranjit Basak, a spouse or partner, dependent children, and their dependent children

2. How much money (in Canadian dollars) will Chiranjit Basak bring to Canada to support themselves and their family?

naki

Mar 28, 2017
Hi,

I am in agreement that the child should not be listed as accompanying but rather non-accompanying family since the child is Canadian. The CIC states that only family members who are not Permanent Residence or Citizen should be listed on the application as accompanying.

In my application, I listed my Canadian born child as non-accompanying family. I was not ask to pay a fee for the child. The only requested document was the child's passport for submission.

I hope I helped

chiranjit

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
naki said:
Hi,

I am in agreement that the child should not be listed as accompanying but rather non-accompanying family since the child is Canadian. The CIC states that only family members who are not Permanent Residence or Citizen should be listed on the application as accompanying.

Apart from IMM008, is this mentioned anywhere, can you please point out where? My point is if IMM008 is not a document that needs to be provided, why should we refer that document?

In my application, I listed my Canadian born child as non-accompanying family. I was not ask to pay a fee for the child. The only requested document was the child's passport for submission.

[coloe=blue]
What did you mention here:
1. How many family members do you have? 2??

2. How much money will you bring to Canada to support themselves and their family? is it 18K or 15K?
[/color]

I hope I helped

naki

Mar 28, 2017
Hi

Sorry for the second post.

All family members must be listed whether accompanying or not. These include dependent children, adopted or stepchildren.

CIC is very strict about declaring all of your family members.

I would advise that you declare all family members accompanying or not. If they are not declared and it was found out after the fact even if you have already been granted the PR it can be revoked. This was found in a document sent to me from IRCC

I have non-accompanying family in my application (step children). Additional documentation was requested of me for my non-accompanying family members, birth papers and a medical exam. I was informed, If these were not provided my application could be refused unless I have documented evidence why I could not provide these documents.

naki

Mar 28, 2017
chiranjit said:
I went through the IMM008 and it says that canadian/PR dependants should not be listed. In the form 5406, it doesnt say anything specific. So, I assume all dependants are to be listed.

Now the question is, do we need to refer these forms as nowhere it says that we need to upload these forms. Am I missing something here?

Also if I dont mention my child as a dependant, what should be my response to the following questions:

1. How many family members does Chiranjit Basak have? (This includes Chiranjit Basak, a spouse or partner, dependent children, and their dependent children
I had 2 children from my mirrage, 3 Step children and 1 spouse = 6 dependents

2. How much money (in Canadian dollars) will Chiranjit Basak bring to Canada to support themselves and their family?
Canadian dollars for support can be found on CIC website. It also depends on the application category. If you have a Canadian job offer or working in Canada you don't need to provide the recommended amount per dependent