+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did not send Canadian child's passport for passport request.Confused after COPR!

robin322

Dec 23, 2015
I did not send my Canadian child's passport upon PPR, although her details were mentioned as accompanying family member in the application.
Now when I received the COPR, it has a statement where it is mentioned about the need to have all accompanying family members in the document. I only have my spouse's name mentioned in the document, may be because I did not send the child's passport. Not sure whether I should have sent the child's passport also.

Please help if any of the members has a Canadian child and have gone through a similar experience. What was the experience/explanation during the landing. Will it be a cause of concern during the landing.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,
I am also in the same boat. I have not sent my Canadian child's passport for PR visa stamping and COPR. But in our COPR its written that all the dependents should be added in our COPR form. (Exactly same as you have mentioned). I have paid fee ($150 for my Canadian child's PR application name addition upfront)

I just want to know how it went for you. Have you done the landing in Canada without adding your Canadian child in your COPR form?
Or you have re-send your passports with your Canadian child's passport to get done the re-stamping for everyone?

Your answer and experience could be very helpful for me to decide what to do now.

Looking forward for your help.
Thanks in advance.

schemingon

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Hi Robin,
This is fine and you need to submit your Canadian child's passport. I did my landing here in Canada (Etobicoke office of IRCC) where I re confirmed with the officer that my child does not need a passport stamp/copr etc.Ideally she should not have been there in the application, but it's looks like a flaw in the system where we need to add the child as a accompanying member.

robin322

Dec 23, 2015
Hi Robin,
This is fine and you need to submit your Canadian child's passport. I did my landing here in Canada (Etobicoke office of IRCC) where I re confirmed with the officer that my child does not need a passport stamp/copr etc.Ideally she should not have been there in the application, but it's looks like a flaw in the system where we need to add the child as a accompanying member.
Thanks a lot.
I hope "This is fine and you need to submit your Canadian child's passport." is just a typo.

It should be "This is fine and you don't need to submit your Canadian child's passport."

I am also not sure why they have asked to fill my Canadian daughter's name everywhere. Even I have paid the $150.
After your reply, I am not sending my daughter's passport for COPR as our COPR and Visa Stamping is already done.

Regards
Robin