+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did not receive the Oath of Citizenship for one family member

Moura

Aug 17, 2021
When you receive the oath invite for your family without yours, have you contacted IRCC to ask them why you didn’t receive the oath?

Shajoo777

Jun 21, 2021
It was on 19Oct for wife n kids received oath ceremony email. Im out of country tried calling them but that number doesn’t work outside canada. Have ur husband received any reply for web form? Im planning to raise web form

Moura

Aug 17, 2021
When you receive the oath invite for your family without yours, have you contacted IRCC to ask them why you didn’t receive the oath?
So, it ended up that our Oath has been cancelled and it will be rescheduled to another time. They sent us an email 2 days before our Oath saying that we have been asked to attend the Oath on Nov. 16 due to administrative error which I believe this is not the truth. I believe that they cancelled our Oath because we asked them about my husband mentioning that he is the main applicant and if nothing pending in his application why can’t he join us doing the Oath.
So we feel that they are punishing us about asking about the reason of why my husband is not joining the oath with us.

also they never responded to our Web form or email. Even we called them and they don’t have any answer other than his application in process.

we are really so disappointed from immigration and don’t know how they are working.

Shajoo777

Jun 21, 2021
Yes, ur right bcz earlier end of Aug only my wife she got email for oath in September then she called and asked my boys then similar to urs case just 2 days before oath she got an email that it was administrative error. Then we got on 19 Oct for wife n boys then we didn’t ask and gave oath on 2 Nov and finally all done for them.

Reactions: Moura

Moura

Aug 17, 2021
So, we called them after the cancellation and they told us nothing on your application and it’s just will be rescheduled to another time and just need to keep an eye on my email.

we are waiting now and almost a month and nothing new. Even no update on my tracker since Nov. 16.

Moura

Aug 17, 2021
Since your wife and boys done the Oath, you can submit now a Web form to check why u didn’t receive the Oath invite.

Shajoo777

Jun 21, 2021
So, we called them after the cancellation and they told us nothing on your application and it’s just will be rescheduled to another time and just need to keep an eye on my email.

we are waiting now and almost a month and nothing new. Even no update on my tracker since Nov. 16.
You will get soon hopefully, bcz for them also it took almost 1 month. All the best!

Moura

Aug 17, 2021
Thank you. All the best for you as well.
Hopefully you hear something soon from them.

iggy711

Jan 23, 2024
Any update on this thread? Have you heard back? We are a family of 4, my kids are 13 and 16. We applied July 2022 and last Friday,the 13 y/o received an invitation for oath taking but nothing nor anyone else. She was supposed to be under me. Oath taking is in 2 days and I have contacted them multiple times but no response. This is frustrating.