+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did not receive the Oath of Citizenship for one family member

Moura

Aug 17, 2021
Hello,
My Husband is the main applicant, me and my two boys received the oath of citizenship invitation which will be on Nov 16 but my husband did not get any invitation and the status for the oath still not started. Is this normal?
all our applications including my husband got updated on October 27, and in Nov 1st we all got the oath invite except him.
we contacted IRCC and they said nothing is pending and no documents required, the officer is working on his application and we submitted a Web Form but no news yet.
We never saw a case like this before and it is very weird as he is the main applicant and we are all under him.
Can someone please let me know if you had the same experience?
Thanks

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello,
My Husband is the main applicant, me and my two boys received the oath of citizenship invitation which will be on Nov 16 but my husband did not get any invitation and the status for the oath still not started. Is this normal?
all our applications including my husband got updated on October 27, and in Nov 1st we all got the oath invite except him.
we contacted IRCC and they said nothing is pending and no documents required, the officer is working on his application and we submitted a Web Form but no news yet.
We never saw a case like this before and it is very weird as he is the main applicant and we are all under him.
Thanks
Your boys could have been associated with you and there processing got completed.
Something is holding up your husbands oath, final review etc.

These days family application are deviating which would rarely happen before. You can go with the flow and get your oath done and keep asking IRCC for update about your husbands application which you already doing.
If things are fine it may happen that he will get the same invite like urs. But be prepared for no invite too.

Reactions: Moura

Moura

Aug 17, 2021
Thanks a lot for your response. Yes, this is what we will do and we wish that all of us do the Oath together. As you know, we have been waiting for that so long and we would love to celebrate all together as family and doesn’t make sense at all that my husband will not do it with us.

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
While ideally this is what we expect when we submit a family application, nowadays they are splitting applications. It happens to us (wife and kids got their oath in September and I did it yesterday). I agree it doesn’t make sense, but nothing makes sense when taking about IRCC processing :)

Reactions: Moura

Moura

Aug 17, 2021
While ideally this is what we expect when we submit a family application, nowadays they are splitting applications. It happens to us (wife and kids got their oath in September and I did it yesterday). I agree it doesn’t make sense, but nothing makes sense when taking about IRCC processing :)
Have you tried to contact them to push your oath with your wife and your boys? If yes, did they respond to you?

Suhas

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Nomination.....
VO: BWJ
AOR Received.
11-11-2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Not yet
Med's Request
July 07, 2015
Med's Done....
Aug 05, 2015
Interview........
Passport Submitted: Sep 08, 2015
Passport Req..
Sep 03, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2015
LANDED..........
Passports received back: Sep 14, 2015
I am also in same boat. I got oath but my wife is still waiting. I just sent them email. its

Suhas

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11-11-2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Not yet
Med's Request
July 07, 2015
Med's Done....
Aug 05, 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
Sep 03, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2015
LANDED..........

Suhas

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11-11-2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Not yet
Med's Request
July 07, 2015
Med's Done....
Aug 05, 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
Sep 03, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2015
LANDED..........
Yes thats strange. Before the oath status updated, i called them about status t of my application. Initially person congratulated me on phone and said your application is complete 2 months ago but when i inquired that then why tracker not updated and no email about it. Then he said, oh because its your family application so IRCC is waiting for your wife as its in background check. But now i still receive the oath separately from her and her case is still in progress. Then what was point for holding my case for 2 month when they eventually ended up processing separately

Shajoo777

Jun 21, 2021
Hello,
Thanks
I have similar situation, is ur husband outside canada?