+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did not receive the email - Oath Ceremony

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
There is no physical presence requirement for citizenship. Also dual citizenship is allowed.
Thank you! I have also citizenship from another country (I born in an Asian country), and then with Canada citizenship, it will be dual. Then, can I hold three citizenships with the USA?
Also, does it worth to go to the USA for work and living compared to Canada?

Thanks for all your help

Last edited:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thank you! I have also citizenship from another country (I born in an Asian country), and then with Canada citizenship, it will be dual. Then, can I hold three citizenships with the USA?

Thanks for all your help
If the Asian country supports it and I know Canada and USA does you can keep it all.

I am not an expert on the last question but you do get paid well in USA compared to Canada for tech jobs but there are other parameters which most people take into consideration like cost of living, security, medical etc. In the end its a personal choice you have to make based on your priorities.

Reactions: Parisuzy

MihaelaD

Jun 27, 2023
They sent me the email, which is on the 7 days left. So, maybe that is the case for you so they send it 7 days before it. If you do not hear by 6 days before, the tracker asks that we inform IRCCC.
They sent me the email, which is on the 7 days left. So, maybe that is the case for you so they send it 7 days before it. If you do not hear by 6 days before, the tracker asks that we inform IRCCC.
I am trying to call them on that free number but they cut me off saying that at this moment they can't put me through agent. Which number you called?

lr108

Star Member
May 10, 2023

Thanks for all your help
You have to think about taxes if you are living in both countries esp. if you have significant ties. There is a tax treaty to avoid double taxation. Canada is a bit more forgiving than US on global income. Something to keep in mind.

US is No.1 economy in the world and it is not comparable to any country let alone Canada. So the opportunities and pay are going to be better.
There are also other living factors which depends on what you like and what you don't. Perhaps live there for a few years in TN visa and see if you like it or not. It takes much longer to become a citizen in US.

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
You have to think about taxes if you are living in both countries esp. if you have significant ties. There is a tax treaty to avoid double taxation. Canada is a bit more forgiving than US on global income. Something to keep in mind.

US is No.1 economy in the world and it is not comparable to any country let alone Canada. So the opportunities and pay are going to be better.
There are also other living factors which depends on what you like and what you don't. Perhaps live there for a few years in TN visa and see if you like it or not. It takes much longer to become a citizen in US.
Thank you so much. I might end up moving there, still weighting situations. Thanks again and will keep you posted if I face any other questions!

lr108

Star Member
May 10, 2023
Thank you so much. I might end up moving there, still weighting situations. Thanks again and will keep you posted if I face any other questions!
Sure, feel free to DM if you want to talk something specific to your scenario. I used to live there for 10 years and then moved to Canada. I'm weighing the pros and cons all the time. LOL.

marygbrasil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023

There’s a lot of considerations when moving from Canada to the US. Personally, I would identify what is it that you’re looking for in the US that you can’t find here. If it’s work related and you’re in a profession that allows working remotely you could always also find a job in the US and work / live out of Canada - I’ve heard many people doing that. I don’t personally see the benefit of securing a US citizenship on top of a Canadian one - a transfer visa, remote work, or green card max should be enough

nazifafazel

Oct 16, 2023
My tracker says I am scheduled for oath on October 25, 2023 tracker updated on October 07. Still no email invitation. Waiting...:confused:

Sachinkumar

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
I have attended citizenship oath ceremony yesterday with my family. I never received for me. However, I have received email containing instruction about how to signup for the portal to download e-certificate. I mentioned this to officer during one on one session where we cut out PR card during ceremony. He advised me that he would send it to me again after the ceremony to my email address.

its been 3 days I have not received anything. I called IRCC they advised me to wait for 5 days.

If anyone can guide me about the next steps.

Thanks!