+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did not receive ITA in May 13th draw with enough points

barcaruleall

Feb 16, 2021
Hi.

I received a PNP nomination and extra 600 crs points on May 12th and saw that reflected in my express entry profile. There was a CEC draw on May 13th which is the stream I am applying under. I did not receive an invitation in this draw even though I exceeded the crs requirement. Is there any reason for this or anyone that has been in the same situation?

Thanks

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
Hi.

I received a PNP nomination and extra 600 crs points on May 12th and saw that reflected in my express entry profile. There was a CEC draw on May 13th which is the stream I am applying under. I did not receive an invitation in this draw even though I exceeded the crs requirement. Is there any reason for this or anyone that has been in the same situation?

Thanks
When did you receive the letter that you are in the pool?

barcaruleall

Feb 16, 2021
When did you receive the letter that you are in the pool?
I received that letter March 01 2021 but didn't have enough points for any of the draws until my PNP came through. I wonder if it came through too late? But my profile showed the updated points on May 12 which should have been enough for the May 13 draw.

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
I received that letter March 01 2021 but didn't have enough points for any of the draws until my PNP came through. I wonder if it came through too late? But my profile showed the updated points on May 12 which should have been enough for the May 13 draw.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/express-entry-rounds/invitations-186.html

The PNP draw was on the 12th of May. Most probably missed it with the time.

How many pts you have for PNP and CEC?

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
From the link provided by @CripplingYogi194 :

Tie-breaking rule: April 29, 2021 at 10:18:12 UTC

When did you receive your PNP?

barcaruleall

Feb 16, 2021
As of May 12th, I have 910 points. My express entry profile shows that I am eligible for CEC so confused as to how I missed it? the CEC draw was on May 13th.

From the link provided by @CripplingYogi194 :

Tie-breaking rule: April 29, 2021 at 10:18:12 UTC

When did you receive your PNP?
May 12th. The tie breaking rule shouldn't have been applied to my profile though as I exceeded the minimum score?

kisiro191

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Hi.

Thanks
how many points you have ?

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
As of May 12th, I have 910 points. My express entry profile shows that I am eligible for CEC so confused as to how I missed it? the CEC draw was on May 13th.

May 12th. The tie breaking rule shouldn't have been applied to my profile though as I exceeded the minimum score?
Tie breaking rule means you should have the necessary points on or before the tie breaking rule date/time. If you achieved the necessary points only on May 12th and you don’t have enough points on or before the tie break, then you don’t qualify for the May 13th draw.

barcaruleall

Feb 16, 2021
Tie breaking rule means you should have the necessary points on or before the tie breaking rule date/time. If you achieved the necessary points only on May 12th and you don’t have enough points on or before the tie break, then you don’t qualify for the May 13th draw.

I misunderstood the tie breaking rule then. My understanding was that it was used to determine who received an invitation in the case that multiple people had the minimum score. Fingers crossed I get my invitation on the next draw. Thanks for your help.

Reactions: rogelcorral

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
I misunderstood the tie breaking rule then. My understanding was that it was used to determine who received an invitation in the case that multiple people had the minimum score. Fingers crossed I get my invitation on the next draw. Thanks for your help.
Draw May 13
Tie-breaking rule: April 29, 2021 at 11:48:14 UTC
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/express-entry-rounds/invitations-187.html

@trigger

Jun 24, 2019
No, I don't think that's correct. Tie breaker date is used only for the cut-off score as specifically mentioned on the CIC site.