+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did not mention my current education in my application

rmsprs

Jul 4, 2020
hey all,

My aor is 2020 and received ADR with schedule A and PCC recently. I have completed my bachelors & master's degree several years ago on basis of that I received my WES. I just realised that the diploma that I am pursuing currently (a 3 year diploma that started just before I applied for express entry) has not been mentioned anywhere on my application. When I initially applied I somehow assumed that I only had to mention my completed degrees and not the current course I am enrolled in.

Now with my ADR how do I mention this and make sure this does not negatively impact my application?

alice17

Star Member
May 12, 2018
Victoria
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-04-2018
Hi!

I don't think your current education should affect anything because you already got a WES evaluation for your degree, which is what you used for your application. You actually only get points for your highest education, so you are good. If you still want to inform them just for your own peace of mind, you could put in a webform here https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application

hey all,

My aor is 2020 and received ADR with schedule A and PCC recently. I have completed my bachelors & master's degree several years ago on basis of that I received my WES. I just realised that the diploma that I am pursuing currently (a 3 year diploma that started just before I applied for express entry) has not been mentioned anywhere on my application. When I initially applied I somehow assumed that I only had to mention my completed degrees and not the current course I am enrolled in.

Now with my ADR how do I mention this and make sure this does not negatively impact my application?
[/QUOTE]

rmsprs

Jul 4, 2020
Hi!

I don't think your current education should affect anything because you already got a WES evaluation for your degree, which is what you used for your application. You actually only get points for your highest education, so you are good. If you still want to inform them just for your own peace of mind, you could put in a webform here https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application

hey all,

[/QUOTE]

Hi Alice thanks for your response. How should I go about mentioning this to them in the webform? Should I just say that it was an honest mistake?

alice17

Star Member
May 12, 2018
Victoria
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-04-2018
Hi Alice thanks for your response. How should I go about mentioning this to them in the webform? Should I just say that it was an honest mistake?
[/QUOTE]
Hi,
You're welcome! You wouldn't be able to claim full points for your education because you're not done, so I doubt it would make much of a difference mentioning it. If you still want to, you could just say something along the lines of "currently enrolled in a diploma program"

Reactions: rmsprs

rmsprs

Jul 4, 2020
Hi,
You're welcome! You wouldn't be able to claim full points for your education because you're not done, so I doubt it would make much of a difference mentioning it. If you still want to, you could just say something along the lines of "currently enrolled in a diploma program"
[/QUOTE]
thanks again. One more question, do you think I should just mention my diploma on Schedule A form or also raise a separate webform and let them know? I am worried it will further complicate things..