+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

did not disclose past visa refusal

anuhatwar

Jan 9, 2020
Dear friends,
I had applied for a temporary visa to Canada but it got refused as I did not disclose m past US visa refusal.
How do I rectify this now. What all documents do I need to reapply?
Kindly help me.

anuhatwar

Jan 9, 2020
No I am not banned for 5 years. I have gotten an option to reapply. What do I do now? I have already booked my tickets as well as my stay.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Are you confident the refusal letter does not say you were banned for five years?

Even the letters that ban you say that you are welcome to re-apply.

You should never book tickets until you have the visa.

anuhatwar

Jan 9, 2020
The following is the reply:
This refers to your application for a temporary resident visa to Canada. I have completed my assessment of your application and I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for a temporary resident visa; therefore, your application is refused.

In accordance with Section A11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), any person wishing to become a temporary resident of Canada must satisfy an officer that he or she is not inadmissible to Canada and meets the requirements of the Act. This includes the requirement to establish to the satisfaction of the officer that the applicant will respect their conditions of admission and will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for his or her stay.

In reaching a decision, an officer considers several factors; these may include the applicant’s travel and identity documents, reason for travel to Canada, contacts in Canada, financial means for the trip; ties to country of residence (including immigration status, employment and family ties) and whether the applicant would be likely to leave Canada at the end of his/her authorized stay.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the Regulations for the reasons explained below. I am therefore refusing your application.

anuhatwar

Jan 9, 2020
Grounds for refusal:
· I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions in the documents you have submitted in support of your application, as required by subsection 16(1) of the IRPA. Specifically, I am not satisfied that the following information is truthful You have failed to disclose your previous US refusal(s) in your application.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

This application is closed and this letter communicates our final and official decision in respect of it. Please note that any new information you wish to provide must be submitted with a new application and processing fee. Should you wish to reapply, I would suggest that you do so only if your situation has changed substantively or you have significant new information to submit.

vtdat08

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
Are you confident the refusal letter does not say you were banned for five years?
Even the letters that ban you say that you are welcome to re-apply.
Oh my, Is that true that someone was banned without announcement. My friend was refused several times.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
The following is the reply:
This refers to your application for a temporary resident visa to Canada. I have completed my assessment of your application and I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for a temporary resident visa; therefore, your application is refused.

In accordance with Section A11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), any person wishing to become a temporary resident of Canada must satisfy an officer that he or she is not inadmissible to Canada and meets the requirements of the Act. This includes the requirement to establish to the satisfaction of the officer that the applicant will respect their conditions of admission and will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for his or her stay.

In reaching a decision, an officer considers several factors; these may include the applicant’s travel and identity documents, reason for travel to Canada, contacts in Canada, financial means for the trip; ties to country of residence (including immigration status, employment and family ties) and whether the applicant would be likely to leave Canada at the end of his/her authorized stay.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the Regulations for the reasons explained below. I am therefore refusing your application.
You are already inadmissible. That means a ban has already been in effect.

You can reapply, but the result will be the same as your situation has not changed. You are already banned from entering the country (inadmissible).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You are already inadmissible. That means a ban has already been in effect.

You can reapply, but the result will be the same as your situation has not changed. You are already banned from entering the country (inadmissible).
No - the OP is NOT banned. If they were banned, the refusal letter would specifically state this.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Dear friends,
I had applied for a temporary visa to Canada but it got refused as I did not disclose m past US visa refusal.
How do I rectify this now. What all documents do I need to reapply?
Kindly help me.
looks like you were extremely lucky and didn't get a 5 year ban and only got a refusal. They also denied you based on travel history, have you travelled to any visa requiring countries before? Or would this be your first time travelling?