+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did I read that correctly? 55 days from the US?

unlucky_chaser

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
I cannot believe I'm back at this point so soon but unfortunately I have to go to Canada soon, and go through the visa ordeal all over again. Checking the processing times says it takes 55 days for applicants from the US..FIFTY-FIVE! Did I read that correctly? Does that apply for both paper and online applications?

The number seems excessive even by IRCC's notorious delays...Anyone applying from the US recently?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
You read correctly and guessing is that long given US citizens and green card holders, basically permanent residents do not need visas to visit Canada. Everyone else is I guess processed on an exceptional basis based on their home country passports which in turn could result in extended processing to complete checks and process completion hence the longer processing time versus applying from home country, the latter being the general recommendation.

Reactions: andy.keeling

unlucky_chaser

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
It was 11 days last June. Now granted they took forever for my case but it was a system glitch. What made it go 5x?

IRCC always, always finding ways to f### me over.

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I cannot believe I'm back at this point so soon but unfortunately I have to go to Canada soon, and go through the visa ordeal all over again. Checking the processing times says it takes 55 days for applicants from the US..FIFTY-FIVE! Did I read that correctly? Does that apply for both paper and online applications?

The number seems excessive even by IRCC's notorious delays...Anyone applying from the US recently?
Depending on the passport you have, you might be eligible for CAN+ expedited processing. You may probably want to check this out

unlucky_chaser

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
CAN+ processing has been extended to several countries.

Do see the Visa Office instructions for your country of passport in this link + you can reconfirm with CPC-O too:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp
Hmmm I cannot find anything about it there. Note: I applied online.

I searched a bit and saw articles (not from ircc though) that the system automatically identifies the application.

I already uploaded all docs like financial support etc but all I want is fast processing.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hmmm I cannot find anything about it there.
The Visa Office Instructions (once you select your country of passport to generate the list of documents in the link) does mention whether or not CAN+ is available. Or maybe your country of passport is not covered by CAN+ yet.

Note: I applied online.

I searched a bit and saw articles (not from ircc though) that the system automatically identifies the application.

I already uploaded all docs like financial support etc but all I want is fast processing.
The system won't automatically identify an application for CAN+ processing.

There's nothing you can do now that you have already applied. Hopefully you will get a decision soon

unlucky_chaser

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
The Visa Office Instructions (once you select your country of passport to generate the list of documents in the link) does mention whether or not CAN+ is available. Or maybe your country of passport is not covered by CAN+ yet.

The system won't automatically identify an application for CAN+ processing.

There's nothing you can do now that you have already applied. Hopefully you will get a decision soon
Most likely my country isn't listed then.the page did indeed interrogate me about the passport country of issuance at the very beginning.

Plus it's me and ircc, even of my country did theyd cancel it turn day before I apply.

Given that gcms notes take 2 months, should I just apply from now in anticipation?

unlucky_chaser

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
Last time it took almost 1.5-2.

I want to apply for the current one, in anticipation since both the application and notes will take too long.

I do not expect refusals, just delays but I order them out of spite nevertheless.

Last time I ordered after approval to see exactly why it took forever and it turned out to be a system glitch on their part (ughhh)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Last time it took almost 1.5-2.

I want to apply for the current one, in anticipation since both the application and notes will take too long.

I do not expect refusals, just delays but I order them out of spite nevertheless.

Last time I ordered after approval to see exactly why it took forever and it turned out to be a system glitch on their part (ughhh)
As you've applied fairly recently, not sure if GCMS notes will reveal anything at this point

unlucky_chaser

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
I really hope so. I'm tired of filing for Canadian visas and going through this ordeal so many times. Takes forever to scan all that crap (I swear to God my mum did not change since the last gazillion applications)

Last time they gave me just a few months. The particular expiry date matches other stuff in my docs (not passport) and heavily suggests a terrible inefficiency in their system (cant share details yet, unfortunately).

They clearly didnt spend any money on the contracted engineers who built it.