+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did GCMS Notes help anyone understand why his citizenship application is slow?

alxms10

Dec 16, 2016
London-UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London-UK, then Paris-France, then Cairo-Egypt
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
05/05/2017, then 05/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
22/06/2017
LANDED..........
07/08/2017
  1. Did GCMS Notes help anyone understand why his citizenship application is slow, or why it's taking so long, or why it hasn't moved/updated in a long time?
  2. Is it worth requesting?
  3. Does it negatively affect your application progress like I read somewhere on the web?

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
  1. Did GCMS Notes help anyone understand why his citizenship application is slow, or why it's taking so long, or why it hasn't moved/updated in a long time?
  3. Does it negatively affect your application progress like I read somewhere on the web?
1. GCMS notes do not explain anything. They are pretty structured and coded. They might give you insight into your processing status and current application stage. For example, primary and secondary processing offices. Whether your application was sent/forwarded to another - third - processing office. Whether PM01 or PM02 or PM03 are currently reviewing it etc. These insights won't explain but might give you a general understanding.
2. It is $5. I say it is worth it. Why not? It is your right.
3. It does not negatively affect or delay/speed up your application.

Global Case Management (GCMS) Notes | Canadavisa.com

Last edited:
Reactions: Jojo!86

h348400034

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
1. Most of time, you are able to see where your application stuck, e.g. security check. if application assigned to any officer.
2. it's worth it, I applied it every 2 months, it's FREE! just takes you few mins to submit. DON'T choose $5 one, CHOOSE the FREE one is enough
3. No

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
It saved my bacon when I was applying for PR. Had I not done it, I wouldn’t be here waiting for the oath schedule.

I just today applied for notes on my citizenship application. Not that I need to. Everything is passed and I’m just waiting for the oath invite. I’m only getting it for the fact that I’m curious. I opted for the $5 version.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
  1. What is long? Is it passed the current processing time of 19 months?
  2. Depend on what you consider worth
  3. Nope does not, it does nothing to your application it's a totally separate department that has read-only access and they generate a report and then redact the thing they need to and send you in their template so does not speed up or slow down your application

alxms10

Dec 16, 2016
London-UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London-UK, then Paris-France, then Cairo-Egypt
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
05/05/2017, then 05/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
22/06/2017
LANDED..........
07/08/2017
Thank you all very very much, I appreciate every response. I will just go ahead and request one.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Because I got them, read them, realized I was going to be denied, and found out why. Huge mistake in one of my foreign work experience letter. Fixed it, sent it in and here I am.

The notes tell you if there is anything going on or not.
I very much agree with this - I didn't need but have seen enough cases where some information was found which helped fix things (ones I'm aware of mostly spousal where more/better relationship info was needed, or similar issues).

Now: of course 80% + of cases get no advantage from GCMS. Because 80% + of most cases go through with no troubles anyway.

But for the other ones, they can help. That's the point. It's no guarantee they will help, but they can.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
I ordered them twice. The first time round, I couldn't make out much. The second time, I did not even get an acknowledgment of the request, but the file landed up in email a few weeks later. The only thing I could understand was that my file sat on some 'ageing inventory' list for a while. (In between I had sent a snail mail request for expedited processing. Request was denied, the letter added to my file) These facts were duly noted on the notes and my file moved a few weeks after that letter was received. Coincidence? maybe, maybe not. There's no way to prove either way.