+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did civil marriage before traditional wedding

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in the process of filing for Spousal visa. I am in Canada and my spouse in India. We had our civil wedding last April and planning to file for PR but waited out for traditional wedding and reception on October so we have lot more proof.

Do i need to provide explanation letter why we did civil wedding earlier than traditional wedding?

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
My actual wedding was several weeks after the formal marriage at the registry. I put formal marriage date on the application form. On a separate note I stated that formal wedding was in this date and actual ceremony on another. Did not provide justification of why dates are different. On the note, I also stated where the ceremony took place, how many people attended, and attached 5-6 pictures from the actual wedding. No questions asked, and processed quickly.

Reactions: vivekforbes

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My actual wedding was several weeks after the formal marriage at the registry. I put formal marriage date on the application form. On a separate note I stated that formal wedding was in this date and actual ceremony on another. Did not provide justification of why dates are different. On the note, I also stated where the ceremony took place, how many people attended, and attached 5-6 pictures from the actual wedding. No questions asked, and processed quickly.
Thanks for the reply. I also mentioned the dates in Relationship form and also going to provide the photos for different occasion.

For question about other proof relationship, i provided facebook, instagram posts. Thinking to get some letters from 2 - 3 friends. Is it enough?

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
My husband and I did the exact same thing. Legal wedding was in June and we had a formal ceremony the same year in October for our family and friends , I added a letter of explaination as well as photos of both ceremonies.

Reactions: vivekforbes