+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DID ANYONE NOTICE on CIC ? Easier checklist :)

cookie1234

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-05-2017
Doc's Request.
xxxx
AOR Received.
xxxx
File Transfer...
xxxx
Med's Request
xxxx
Med's Done....
xxxx
Interview........
xxxx
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
Effective today, Immigration Canada updated their guides and checklists for the spousal sponsorship program to make them even easier to use and understand. They will still accept applications made using the old checklists until July 15, 2017. You can check it on the cic website, when you download the new IMM5533E.

I wish they had done it earlier but it's a good thing now anyone can understand and people applying from outside won't struggle anymore to show documents they don't have. Also everything is simple they even help us double check the forms and signatures :)

Cheers :)

Reactions: Forte

mr-moose

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
Waterloo, ON
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Not required
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2017
LANDED..........
27-08-2017
Thanks for this! However, this is a little unsettling. So do we have to keep checking their site for updated forms, etc. after we have already downloaded them?

I guess it's time to bookmark this page
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2017-06-13.asp
One useful piece of advice once given to me was to gather all of your evidence and supporting documentation and when you are ready to fill out the forms, then go to the website and get the latest copies.
Submitting anything other that the latest copies may mean you run the risk of having your application returned and it takes extra time then to get processed.

Reactions: Forte

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
One useful piece of advice once given to me was to gather all of your evidence and supporting documentation and when you are ready to fill out the forms, then go to the website and get the latest copies.
Submitting anything other that the latest copies may mean you run the risk of having your application returned and it takes extra time then to get processed.
Thanks. Will do.

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Effective today, Immigration Canada updated their guides and checklists for the spousal sponsorship program to make them even easier to use and understand. They will still accept applications made using the old checklists until July 15, 2017. You can check it on the cic website, when you download the new IMM5533E.

I wish they had done it earlier but it's a good thing now anyone can understand and people applying from outside won't struggle anymore to show documents they don't have. Also everything is simple they even help us double check the forms and signatures :)

Cheers :)
Oooh thanks for posting this! I do like this new checklist more but now i need to go through and reorganize my stuff o_O I know i can submit with old checklist but i prefer the new one as find it easier to see what to submit.

At least it shows they are listening and actively improving the system/process.

Reactions: cookie1234

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Oh gosh. I just realized I've fallen victim to this. My spouse and I starting working on our application in the beginning of April. I downloaded all the forms and saved them on my laptop on the very first day. Turns out later in April they updated the IMM 5532 form (Relationship information and spousal evaluation). I only found this out today when I saw this thread and clicked on the link. The IMM 5532 form that we filled out and mailed with the application package last week is the December 2016 version. CIC received our application few days ago. After this unfortunate discovery, I thoroughly compared the December 2016 version and the April 2017 version word-for-word. The only thing different is the image of a hand holding a pen next to all the signature boxes. I guess this addition was made so people don't forget to sign, especially since IMM 5532 has multiple signature boxes on multiple pages. We have no problem with this since we signed in all the required places and don't have missing signatures in any of our forms. It is indeed a helpful addition to the form but other than this irrelevant addition, everything is exactly the same as the December 2016 version.

Besides IMM 5532 all our other forms were the most recent versions at the time of our mailing. I'm worried they may return my application package because our IMM 5532 wasn't the latest version. I really hope not since the two versions are word-for-word identical except for the image of a hand holding a pen next to all the signature boxes. What do you guys think? Is CIC returning our application ONLY because of this a real possibility?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Oh gosh. I just realized I've fallen victim to this. My spouse and I starting working on our application in the beginning of April. I downloaded all the forms and saved them on my laptop on the very first day. Turns out later in April they updated the IMM 5532 form (Relationship information and spousal evaluation). I only found this out today when I saw this thread and clicked on the link. The IMM 5532 form that we filled out and mailed with the application package last week is the December 2016 version. CIC received our application few days ago. After this unfortunate discovery, I thoroughly compared the December 2016 version and the April 2017 version word-for-word. The only thing different is the image of a hand holding a pen next to all the signature boxes. I guess this addition was made so people don't forget to sign, especially since IMM 5532 has multiple signature boxes on multiple pages. We have no problem with this since we signed in all the required places and don't have missing signatures in any of our forms. It is indeed a helpful addition to the form but other than this irrelevant addition, everything is exactly the same as the December 2016 version.

Besides IMM 5532 all our other forms were the most recent versions at the time of our mailing. I'm worried they may return my application package because our IMM 5532 wasn't the latest version. I really hope not since the two versions are word-for-word identical except for the image of a hand holding a pen next to all the signature boxes. What do you guys think? Is CIC returning our application ONLY because of this a real possibility?
I wouldn't worry about it as there is nothing you can do now. Hopefully not though. When did you send it in?

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Don't worry. There's a grace period for these types of things. Stay positive and don't think about it :)
I hope so. Hopefully they won't even realize that our IMM 5532 isn't the latest version since, like I said, the text is 100% identical.