+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did anyone get this kind of letter from CIC London recently?

May

Aug 14, 2008
Hi,
I got the letter this week. ''This letter is in reference to your application for PR in Canada. CIC requests that you confirm whether or not you are still interested in immigrating to Canada. If you are no longer interested in immigrating to Canada and you wish to withdraw your application, please contact the CHC in London within 60 days to confirm your mailing information, and we will return your full aplication fee. If we do not hear from you within this time frame, we will assume your continued interest in immigrating to Canada, and your application and fees will be retained for future processing. No further offers to return your fee will be sent. When we are ready to actively begin processing your application we will contact you to request your updated information. However, at this point, you will not be eligible for a refund of your processing fee.''
Did anyone also get this king of letter? Does it mean that I will need to wait longer time for processing my case? By the way, I applied on September, 2007. Any comments will be very appreciated.

Best regards,

May

always

Jul 22, 2008
Hi May,

It sounds like they would want you to contact them. Try to call CHC London and see. Maybe they were not able to reach you.

always

Jul 22, 2008
always said:
Hi May,

It sounds like they would want you to contact them. Try to call CHC London and see. Maybe they were not able to reach you.
Sorry, They have said...If we do not hear from you within this time frame, we will assume your continued interest in immigrating to Canada, and your application and fees will be retained for future processing. No further offers to return your fee will be sent...you don't need to call them then.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
hi,i also applied thru London office in June 2007,but i did not receive any letter of tht kind.Could u plz throw light tht in which category u applied,n wht s ur profession?wht i can assume s tht as cic s introducing new changes to the process.In this process their main aim s to clear the backlog,so may be in tht case ,as they r assumed to do in future(,they ll return those applications whose professions r not in demand)and it looks like tht the ppl who r already in the queue might ve to wait longer.So i assume this might be another action to clear the backlog,as they want to process only those applications who r ready to wait.this s my own assumption n i might be wrong.other senior members plz throw some lite

May

Aug 14, 2008
Hi, I applied for Federal Skilled Worker category and I am postdoctoral research scientist as research biologist. I looked through also some other forum via different visa office about this topic. It seems that now quite many people got this kind of letter with 120 days instead of 60 days in my case. And they applied usually at the end of 2007 or beginning of 2008. I also saw post in which one guy heard from agent that this is a normal procedure and everyone will get it. Maybe only I can do is just waiting.

ManiB

Star Member
May 11, 2007
Hi

I applied thru the London office Nov '07 & received that letter last week. I'm hoping this is a way for them to reduce the backlog by removing people no longer interested from the queue, to make way for all of us who still are.

I might be getting ahead of myself and a bit too positive but does anyone feel that we will be asked for our supporting paperwork once the 60 days have lapsed?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

M

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Hi,may, u ll find complete answer of ur question in the following article.the source is CIC

Q8) How will the backlog of “old” applications be drawn down over time?
In addition to the Department's existing resources, the 2008 budget announced $109 million over five years to:
• Hire and train more visa officers to speed up processing in the parts of the world where wait times are the longest. As a start, some missions, such as those in Delhi and Manila, will receive additional resources to help improve wait times.
• Introduce, over time, administrative improvements such as centralized data entry. These improvements will not only ensure that the Minister's instructions are applied consistently and efficiently, but also free up resources overseas currently involved in managing the backlog to allow for the processing of more applications.
We will also be recording occupational information for applications in the current skilled worker backlog. CIC can then refer applications of interest to the provinces and territories for processing under the Provincial Nominee Program. Finally, we will ask those people who have been waiting the longest if they prefer to continue to wait or if they wish to withdraw their applications.
All applications received prior to February 27, 2008, will be processed to a final decision on the merits of the application, according to the rules and regulations in place when they were submitted.

May

Aug 14, 2008
Hi, ManiB, I first thought maybe CIC London will process our case after 60 days. When I think more, I feel there is too little possibility for it. Maybe I just hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
May

angelinoj

Jul 6, 2008
Hi May,

I received a similar letter just yesterday, and mine says "within 45days" . I applied in Canadian Trade Office in Taipei, Taiwan. I applied Aug. 23, 2007 and my waiting time is 20~24months.

I feel relieved now because it seems that this is a new protocol for them since more and more applicants receive this letter.

I am also hoping that after 45days they will request for the documents...just being postive...wait and see.....

Angelinoj

aurobind

Nov 23, 2008
This seems to be the std format to reduece the queing. Myself and my cousin got similar letters in Sep and got the next set of letter asking for submission of documents to be done within next 4 months, the second letter being sent out after 60days of first.
This gives oppurtunity for those for various resons do not want to go ahead further a chance to wthdraw and there by CIC can also reduce the load on pending applications. Do not worry, wait for the next letter
Best of luck

dipkona

Feb 6, 2008
Hi
I also received same kind of letter from CIC . What is your upgarde position. any latest communication from them?