+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did anyone get a PR after graduate from college?

zhenyu

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello

Recently I found out that many international students prefer to attend a college rather a university in Canada. Meanwhile i have also heard a kind of opinion that a college student may has more opportunity in labour market. I just wonder if such opinion is correct. Does anyone who has graduated from college could share their experience?

I just finished all my PG diploma courses from Vancouver Island University, which was focus on business, and i don`t want to apply a PGWP now, the reason is that firstly my program was no more than 10 months, so maybe my PGWP`s period will no more than 10 months. Secondly, i think i didn`t get enough working skills from my program, so i may not have a chance to seek a job in Canada. So now, i have planned to study a 2.5 years engineering drafting diploma at SIAST. So now, i just want to search some information about the employment situation of college students, and make a decision.

Why i didn`t apply a master is due to my low gpa (2.5/4 in Canadian standard), although i have an admission of a master program from a UK university, but i am not intend to do that because i want stay in Canada, and i would like study something new rather than financial and accounting.

I will appreciate any commit.

thank you

Zhen Yu