+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did anyone else apply for proof of citizenship in June 2020?

canadaguy73

Sep 1, 2020
Hi everyone, new to the forum here.

I sent off my application near the middle of June, and I was just wondering if anyone else applied around then (even the surrounding months), and if so, what your current status is. I haven’t heard anything back yet, but from what I’ve heard from others, that’s to be expected.

I was also wondering if anyone knew if applications for proof of citizenship were facing similar delays to the standard citizenship applications? I’ve browsed the monthly posts, but I couldn’t find anything for this situation. According to the site, it should still be a 5 month process.

silly_chantell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
7 Jul 17
Nomination.....
02 Aug 17
AOR Received.
26 Oct 17
Med's Done....
18 Sep 2017
Passport Req..
15 Dec 2017
VISA ISSUED...
18 Jan 2018
LANDED..........
23 Jan 2018
Hi everyone, new to the forum here.

I sent off my application near the middle of June, and I was just wondering if anyone else applied around then (even the surrounding months), and if so, what your current status is. I haven’t heard anything back yet, but from what I’ve heard from others, that’s to be expected.

I was also wondering if anyone knew if applications for proof of citizenship were facing similar delays to the standard citizenship applications? I’ve browsed the monthly posts, but I couldn’t find anything for this situation. According to the site, it should still be a 5 month process.

Hi, you can use this tracker to see how everyone else is doing and then gauge your timeline.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U27V95kWlCVYWB0zye7DvqoXSkyqxgbA31eEJ_TKO6Y/edit#gid=122463273

This is just for information purpose and not 100% accurate as some people are not diligence in submitting updates timely or even at all after the initial submission.

Before COVID-19 the process was roughly 12 months for a straightforward, completed application package but since March there has been a backlog and right now the estimated time for an AOR is 5 months.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Reactions: canadaguy73

canadaguy73

Sep 1, 2020
Hi, you can use this tracker to see how everyone else is doing and then gauge your timeline.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U27V95kWlCVYWB0zye7DvqoXSkyqxgbA31eEJ_TKO6Y/edit#gid=122463273

This is just for information purpose and not 100% accurate as some people are not diligence in submitting updates timely or even at all after the initial submission.

Before COVID-19 the process was roughly 12 months for a straightforward, completed application package but since March there has been a backlog and right now the estimated time for an AOR is 5 months.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Thanks! I’ll definitely check it out.

The main reason I created a separate post, though, is because it looks like the proof of citizenship application should have a processing time of 5 months rather than the 12 you mentioned. While the site still says 5 months, I assume COVID has changed things. So I was hoping to see if anyone else was in a similar situation, or, if they had submitted earlier than I did, to find out how long it took them.

JoelUk

Jan 8, 2020
Mine was received last October, I got the AOR in January and still showing application received. I did apply from outside Canada though.

canadaguy73

Sep 1, 2020
Thanks, I’ll check those out!

Regarding the wait, I guess that can be expected. It’s still unfortunate to hear, though. If it’s been eight months since you received AOR, I’m definitely in for a long wait. I also applied from outside Canada (the US).

myscanada

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
Hi
I applied for Proof after name change (applied in CANADA)

App sent June 07-2020, no AOR yet

I will keep you posted in case i receive anything

canadaguy73

Sep 1, 2020
Hi
I applied for Proof after name change (applied in CANADA)

App sent June 07-2020, no AOR yet

I will keep you posted in case i receive anything
Hey,

I sent my application on June 19, 2020, with no AOR yet, either. Thanks, I’ll keep you updated if I hear anything back.