+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did anyone deny port entry?

tripathiam87

May 29, 2018
Hi,

I am seeking for a personal experience if anyone denies a port entry on the following ground:

Having a valid TRV, applied for express entry (candidate in an express entry pool) and have an open work permit.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Abhishek

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I am seeking for a personal experience if anyone denies a port entry on the following ground:

Having a valid TRV, applied for express entry (candidate in an express entry pool) and have an open work permit.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Abhishek
Extremely low chance of refusal with a valid TRV and OWP. There would have to be a serious issue for you to be refused.

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Abhishek
If you can share the ground for denial, it'll help us in sharing experience or advice. Most time, it's due to inadmissibility. There are a number of reasons a foreign national on temporary or permanent resident can be found inadmissible, denied a visa or refused entry to Canada such as:
  • security,
  • human or international rights violations,
  • criminality,
  • organized criminality,
  • health grounds,
  • financial reasons,
  • misrepresentation,
  • non-compliance with the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA),
  • having an inadmissible family member.

tripathiam87

May 29, 2018
If you can share the ground for denial, it'll help us in sharing experience or advice. Most time, it's due to inadmissibility. There are a number of reasons a foreign national on temporary or permanent resident can be found inadmissible, denied a visa or refused entry to Canada such as:
  • security,
  • human or international rights violations,
  • criminality,
  • organized criminality,
  • health grounds,
  • financial reasons,
  • misrepresentation,
  • non-compliance with the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA),
  • having an inadmissible family member.
Hi,
Thank you for the response. No, I do not have this experience. I am just curious to know if there is any case. I have called to IRCC several times and I got mix opinions, however, they are not sure about it but they have mentioned it is up to an officer. If you can not satisfy you will leave the country in the given period then might be refused entry because it could fall under dual intent that is EE (because you are seeking for permanent residence).

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Hi,
Thank you for the response. No, I do not have this experience. I am just curious to know if there is any case. I have called to IRCC several times and I got mix opinions, however, they are not sure about it but they have mentioned it is up to an officer. If you can not satisfy you will leave the country in the given period then might be refused entry because it could fall under dual intent that is EE (because you are seeking for permanent residence).
Is your work permit a PGWP? Applying for EE with a valid open work permit is allowed. Though, being a candidate in EE pool means an intent to become a PR. CBSA are charge with the authority to examine individual traveller coming in to Canada.

tripathiam87

May 29, 2018
Is your work permit a PGWP? Applying for EE with a valid open work permit is allowed. Though, being a candidate in EE pool means an intent to become a PR. CBSA are charge with the authority to examine individual traveller coming in to Canada.
No, that is a spousal open work permit. But firstly got TRV independently, secondly, candidate as an EE and thirdly apply for an open open work permit. I will keep you updated once I get some info in this category.

star.igg

Star Member
Sep 14, 2019
If you have a TRV and a work permit, it's unlikely anyone will question you while entering Canada about your EE profile. I am not sure what your concern is but sounds like there's more to this story.