+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did any apply for a COPY of their Application thru GCMS?

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Was just wondering if anybody has needed a copy of their original application/schedules since the
pandemic began and how long it took to get.
Thanks.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Was just wondering if anybody has needed a copy of their original application/schedules since the
pandemic began and how long it took to get.
Thanks.
Are you just asking about GCMS notes or you are trying to get an actual copy of the app you submitted?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Actual copy. But someone told me that 2 months ago they accidentally requested the Actual Copy instead of the Notes and they emailed them back saying it would take 365 days to receive due to them not touching paper apps! But they said notes are in the system so 30 days for that....So just wondering if anybody else got the same experience.

Reason I need the Copy is because I lost my own copy (my spouse counted on me and I let her down(again) and I'm assuming the FRESH 'Schedule A' for AD Request has to be the EXACT same dates on it (?)- dates which my spouse approximated to the best of her memory over the 10 years(she has no resume) and she now cannot recall those exact dates again.
Which raises a second question:
Would it be Misrepresentation if the dates didn't exactly match for places of work?
Like say one puts down "2018-03 to 2018-11...Waitress" and on updated Schedule for example "2018-05 to 2018-12...Waitress" - Is that now REFUSAL + 5 yr BAN?
I read on FB group that one Applicant was refused because they accidentally omitted 1 work place on their AD request Schedule A.
I mean we are not robots we sometimes do not remember exactly what we did in the past 10 years (especially exact dates and if one does not have a resume) - so if one loses the original Copy then what.
Personally haven't heard of being able to get a copy of the app but that doesn't mean you can't. IMO since you don't have a hard copy of what you submitted, if your dates are off a bit from previously submitted and you enclose an explanation why, I don't see that being a problem. They seem to be reasonable when an explanation is given as long as it's not a major dircrepancy from the previous ones.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Personally haven't heard of being able to get a copy of the app but that doesn't mean you can't. IMO since you don't have a hard copy of what you submitted, if your dates are off a bit from previously submitted and you enclose an explanation why, I don't see that being a problem. They seem to be reasonable when an explanation is given as long as it's not a major dircrepancy from the previous ones.
Right. Thanks Canada2020eh

Reactions: Canada2020eh

kwgcda

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
I got a copy of my app! It wasn't what I wanted but that's what they sent, in April. I'd requested notes in 2019 and received them so I don't know what I did differently this time. So, it is possible.

Reactions: Canada2020eh

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
I got a copy of my app! It wasn't what I wanted but that's what they sent, in April. I'd requested notes in 2019 and received them so I don't know what I did differently this time. So, it is possible.
Thanks so much for replying, how long did it take to receive COPY of APP since request?

Last edited:

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Thanks so much for replying, how long did it take to receive COPY of APP since request?
That is the interesting part, that he/she applied for GCMS notes and got the app copy instead. Maybe check on the document request page to see if it's an option or add a note if there's a place to do so.

kwgcda

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Applied Feb 4, received April 7. It's basically a scan of my file, including AB Social assistance check and letters sent to me. As well as my app and identity documents.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Applied Feb 4, received April 7. It's basically a scan of my file, including AB Social assistance check and letters sent to me. As well as my app and identity documents.
Did it include Schedule A (Background Check) of the Application for PR?

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
There are 2 options available when applying for info under privacy act.
1. Status of the application/Notes by officer
2. Copy of application submitted

So, you might didn’t notice and chosen the 2nd option.