+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes After filling application

OttoB

Jul 16, 2012
Dear Senior Members,

I have applied for immigartion on 11/2004, then i was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes on 12/2009. Is it a requirement to update CHC about my updated medical condition?

GoCunnaeda

Star Member
May 17, 2011
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-May-2010
AOR Received.
IP Since 22 Feb 2012
Med's Request
08-Nov-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
On the way.
LANDED..........
Many times in my dreams :-)
In my opinion mum's the word for you. You should not inform them until they diagnose you with diabetes themselves. The senior members may be able to tell how severely is diabetes treated. I don't think it would be wise to dig a ditch for yourself. PM(send a private msg to) some seniors to take their opinion. Seems like people are only reading your question and passing by. No one has the time to stop and answer. Hope you get help! All the best. May you be healed of diabetes soon!

OttoB said:
Dear Senior Members,

I have applied for immigartion on 11/2004, then i was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes on 12/2009. Is it a requirement to update CHC about my updated medical condition?

sigelopisan

May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Push back to Jan 2013 (hopefully)
Diabetes, same with hypertension is metabolism disorder, not infectious disease or in need of excessive demand of health services. This is not even the test you will undergo.

However, situation may be different if you had the complication such as kidney disease which require you to have a dialysis. If you are on dialysis, you will get rejected for sure.

I saw some applicants with irregular heartbeat passed their medical and receive maple leaf.

Treat yourself and keep your BS in range as much as you can. Stay away from complication as long as you can and you will be fine.

OttoB

Jul 16, 2012
Thanks for the reply everyone,

My diabetes is in excellent control, with no complications till date alhamdulilah! The main question here is if i do not claim that i have diabetes to the DMP, and he find out through the Urine test. Then this would be no good!

The only problem here is the urine test, blood glucose I can manage to be at normal levels at date on medical testing!

If there are any doctors in the forum, if blood glucose is at normal levels 90-100 would it show that i have diabetes through Urine?

babbu.mann

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2012
Brampton-ON
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC-2011
LANDED..........
November 2012
Have u done with your Medical?? If yes them better tell VO
if no..they will find out at Medical test about your diabetes..!! don't worry,this is not a major problem and many canadain are suffering from it.

OttoB said:
Dear Senior Members,

sigelopisan

May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Push back to Jan 2013 (hopefully)
agreed with babbu.mann.

If they ask, tell them honestly. otherwise, no need to tell.

OttoB

Jul 16, 2012
babbu.mann said:
Have u done with your Medical?? If yes them better tell VO
if no..they will find out at Medical test about your diabetes..!! don't worry,this is not a major problem and many canadain are suffering from it.
No I have not yet done my medicals, when i do hopefully in the near future i will notify the DMP or not?

trigeminal77

Jul 10, 2012
OttoB said:

My diabetes is in excellent control, with no complications till date alhamdulilah! The main question here is if i do not claim that i have diabetes to the DMP, and he find out through the Urine test. Then this would be no good!

The only problem here is the urine test, blood glucose I can manage to be at normal levels at date on medical testing!

If there are any doctors in the forum, if blood glucose is at normal levels 90-100 would it show that i have diabetes through Urine?
ya...i am a doctor...send me a pm

arru

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
OttoB said:

You should tell DMP at the time of medicals.Sugar does not show in urine ,if it is less than 200 units in blood,so keep your blood sugar under control,consult an endocrinologist for the same

justaguyCA

Oct 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2010
IELTS Request
with documents
Hello,

I agree that you should tell your DMP because it's not contagious.

Best Wishes,

mapleplease

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
09-09-2014
Med's Done....
14-09-2014
Passport Req..
12-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING (Already in Canada)
justaguyCA said:
I agree that you should tell your DMP because it's not contagious.
So by that logic, he shouldn't tell if it was contagious. I think that's wrong at many levels.

CIC has these rules in place for a good reason, and IMO they should be followed as such.

RockinCanada

Feb 20, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2009
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
March 2011
Interview........
July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
March 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
The medicals are done to screen for any infectious or contagious diseases that can harm the well-being of others, so i dont see a problem. Secondly, if it is under control, then what's the deal. Do not mention it until something comes up in medicals, which i am sure is highly unlikely. Consult a doctor if you are in doubt.

Some good friend of mine told me once an excellent truth...."Most of the things we worry about in our lives....never happen."

Cheers!!

mapleplease said:
So by that logic, he shouldn't tell if it was contagious. I think that's wrong at many levels.

CIC has these rules in place for a good reason, and IMO they should be followed as such.

asifmehmood

May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
File Transfer...
April 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
Passport Req..
31/01/13, received at LVO 04/02/13
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/13
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Diabetics ... No worries

My wife had cancer, she passed medically and we received our visas today.

Check this link

http://www.cba.org/cba/sections_cship/pdf/medical_officers.pdf