+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Diabetes Mellitus - Type 2

Manager

Oct 5, 2009
I am diagnose with Type 2 Diabetes (Unfortunately today)

Can anyone help telling me what affect it will have on my immigration process? In case they ask me for medicals and my diabetes shows up, what will be the result?

Does anyone know of someone who was diagnosed for type 2 diabetes and still granted visa?

Looking forward for help from all of you.

harsh

Star Member
Sep 4, 2009
hiii..

dont worry dude..it is completely okay...

i know my many relatives who got PR after this type of diabeties...it is common these days..

Even there is dont do medical test for Blood sugar now..if Sugar is detected in Urine then they do Blood Sugar test...

If you are having sugar..take precautions and start medication...thats it...no tension for medical...be cool...

thanx..

slavasz

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/10/2009
Doc's Request.
18/12/2009
AOR Received.
19/04/2010
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/09/2011
Med's Done....
05-09-2011/
Interview........
waved 19/04/2010
Passport Req..
24/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
13/07/2012
LANDED..........
29/08/2012
Hi!

Don't worry!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diabetes_mellitus_type_2
"it is often initially managed by increasing exercise and dietary modification"

I would recommend to gradually start exercising. But don't strain yourself.
Simple jogging for 20-30 minutes to increase your heartbeat.
Moderate amount of push-ups and crunches.
Do it every other day. And of course watch your diet (decrease soda - Pepsi/Coke)
After one year or even sooner you will get rid of diabetes.
Sometimes this type of diabetes called "life style diabetes"

Reactions: Miracle2018

Manager

Oct 5, 2009
Harsh and Slavasz,
Thank you very much for your response, i'll for sure take care for my Diabetes and start exercise and control on my diet.But as you stated it may take an year to be perfect and back on track, now what if Canada Medical Request came in between.

I am only concerned if my Medical Request came and my urine test or blood test shows that i am Diabetic, what will be the CHC reaction?

Should i also tell the Doctor that i am Diabetic when they ask me or should i say i am fine?

I'll be thankful to your thoughtful response. I think my question will ease many of our friends who are on the same page and need responses.

slavasz

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/10/2009
Doc's Request.
18/12/2009
AOR Received.
19/04/2010
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/09/2011
Med's Done....
05-09-2011/
Interview........
waved 19/04/2010
Passport Req..
24/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
13/07/2012
LANDED..........
29/08/2012
Under no circumstances you should hide the fact that you have diabetes.
Meaning - don't hide it. But before you go for medical examination for immigration make sure to check it again.

I guess the fact that you were diagnosed just today, means that it is not serious.
I was once diagnosed with high blood sugar but after a mild exercise it was gone.

Start exercising right away and watch your diet, it maybe much sooner than one year that your diabetes will vanish.
Don't wait start doing it now.

harsh

Star Member
Sep 4, 2009
I think there is no need to tell Doctor about diabeties..You should HIDE.

Why unnecessary create hurdel for ownself. If doctor will detect he will go accordingly, if your blood sugar level will be okay..he cann't diagonise.

harsh

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

harsh said:
I think there is no need to tell Doctor about diabeties..You should HIDE.

Why unnecessary create hurdel for ownself. If doctor will detect he will go accordingly, if your blood sugar level will be okay..he cann't diagonise.

harsh
Really BAD advice, you start lying on the Immigration process, you may find yourself barred for 2 years for misrepresentation.

PMM

harsh

Star Member
Sep 4, 2009
hii..

you are not lying...because Embassy never asks from you regarding diabeties...doctor is there to diagonise...you are not lying but you are not telling also...there is thin line between Lying and 'not telling the truth'.

Just think a person who himself doesn't know whether he is suffering from BP or Sugar..what he will tell to doctor. Naturally he will say that he is perfectly alright. Same is what I am saying.

Even then..I am not expert..I am just saying what I think. Sorry for hurting someone's sentiments.

Harsh

Manager

Oct 5, 2009
Gentlemen,
Thanks for your attention, i had a consultation with my doctor and he advise that if i stick to the diet, exercise and medication, i'll soon get back to normal like nothing happened to me.

That's in itself is good news and hyped my motivation, but with respect to Medicals for Immigration, i believe if doctor asked i'll tell them but if they never ask then i think Mr. Harsh is true that why should i start shouting telling them that i once got rise in my blood sugar level, while i wish to maintain a balanced life in future.

Someone also points me that Immigration is more concerned with diseases heavy on their taxation system and life threatening to others, otherwise they could have included a detailed diabetes blood test in their medical checkup process.

Reactions: Miracle2018

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Manager said:
Gentlemen,
Thanks for your attention, i had a consultation with my doctor and he advise that if i stick to the diet, exercise and medication, i'll soon get back to normal like nothing happened to me.

That's in itself is good news and hyped my motivation, but with respect to Medicals for Immigration, i believe if doctor asked i'll tell them but if they never ask then i think Mr. Harsh is true that why should i start shouting telling them that i once got rise in my blood sugar level, while i wish to maintain a balanced life in future.

Someone also points me that Immigration is more concerned with diseases heavy on their taxation system and life threatening to others, otherwise they could have included a detailed diabetes blood test in their medical checkup process.
the doctor may not ask you, but before the medical examinations, you will be given a form to fill at the doctor's clinic. in that form, you are asked to answer different questions and write down all your medical history. if you dont mention your previous medical history in that form, means you are hiding something. just my two cents. choice is yours as you are the one to decide :). even if you mention and your diabetes is controlled, i doubt they would be concerned. good luck.

slavasz

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/10/2009
Doc's Request.
18/12/2009
AOR Received.
19/04/2010
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/09/2011
Med's Done....
05-09-2011/
Interview........
waved 19/04/2010
Passport Req..
24/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
13/07/2012
LANDED..........
29/08/2012
Hi! Manager,
I spoke to my friend he is a fun of "Big Looser" TV reality show.
He said that on the show, if you exercise and watch your diet you CAN get rid of your diabetes in ONE MONTH.
Because that what happens to the participants on the show.
So, don't worry - just do that.
By the time you need to take medical test you will not have it anymore.
It will be good for your health too!

juanda78

Star Member
Feb 17, 2009
Canada
He will ask about Diabetes... it is in the IMM 5419 Medical form Question 10... so if you hide it... you will be lying... Don't hide it... or you'll risk not only denial for misrepresentation... but also you will be banned for two years...

Regards.

Manager

Oct 5, 2009
Thanks guys for all your opinion,

The more i get opinion on this topic the more i get confused, but certainly i'll go through the forms which states that if i had any previous history of Diabetes etc.

What do you think that if i state "Yes true my sugar level went up once, but is under controlled" will such statement be OK, which in fact is also close to reality.

But my basic question was, will they refuse me as a prime applicant on the ground that i had diabetes? or it's acceptable to them. slavasz in his initial statement said that there are chances Immigration will accept it.

I am more concerned about rejection and acceptance.

harsh

Star Member
Sep 4, 2009
If you will accept of having diabeties...YOU WILL GET IMMIGRATION but I am of the view that there may be some delay.
Because during medical there is no Blood Sugar Test, provision is of Urine Analysis. If Sugar is detected in Urine (which happens only when Blood Sugar is approximately 300-350-fasting and due to high sugar one's kidney's also have some problems), then only doctors ask for Blood sugar test. But if you will accept that 'you are diabetic' then doctor will definitely go for the test and hence delay. And doctor will perform all the test of Kidney and Liver which they generally don't do.
Please be cool....nothing to worry..you just think of a Lay-Man who is not having any knowledge of Sugar/BP and other diseases..in that case while filling form, what he will write. Definitely, he wil write that everything is okay. Is that person lying or hiding facts? NO, he is innocent beacuse he never went for those tests. Same way...BE INNOCENT. PLEASE DONT DISCUSS IT MORE. ASK ANY FAMILY/ FRIEND DOCTOR. YOU WILL GET VISA. GOD BLESS!!!

Manager

Oct 5, 2009
Thanks Harsh,
I feel convinced with your statement and believe this would help others to make a decision.

I am sure yours and everyone else who commented on this issue showed us enough sides of the coin that we can place our decision easily. Finally the choice is with the applicant, how to proceed for medical.