+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Determining the right NOC

langoorbandar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Bay Area, USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
I have started preparing the EE profile and need help determining the right NOC Job Code for my profile. I worked as a Sr. IT Developer in US and mainly worked on Financial Applications and Systems including Change Management, SOX Compliance and Oracle EBS Security Designing.

I'm having hard time to determine right NOC Code to be entered in EE profile and dont want to make any mistake.

Few that appear to match are

2171 - Information System Analyst & Consultants
2174 - Computer Programmers
2173 - Software Engineer

Please advise how can I ensure my job title & experience letters that say "Sr. IT Developer" will match with closest NOC code.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Prathi252

Jul 22, 2017
I have started preparing the EE profile and need help determining the right NOC Job Code for my profile. I worked as a Sr. IT Developer in US and mainly worked on Financial Applications and Systems including Change Management, SOX Compliance and Oracle EBS Security Designing.

I'm having hard time to determine right NOC Code to be entered in EE profile and dont want to make any mistake.

Few that appear to match are

2171 - Information System Analyst & Consultants
2174 - Computer Programmers
2173 - Software Engineer

Please advise how can I ensure my job title & experience letters that say "Sr. IT Developer" will match with closest NOC code.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Hi which NOC code did you select?

noyoucant

Star Member
Apr 29, 2017
hmm, sir, only you know which NOC code fits you. the duties in your NOC code should match 80% that of your real duties, so use this as a rough gauge.