+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Detained or Put in Jail

samsili2009

Jul 14, 2009
Hi All,

Had a question regarding Question 9 --> Have you been detained or put in jail? Problem is I was charged and arrested, but the as the charges were bogus the prosecution did not proceed, and filed a nolle prosequi (it means it is not in the interest of justice to proceed with these charges). To the first question 'been convicted or currently are part of criminal proceeding etc etc' i can say No, but to the last question, I am not too sure what to put down. As I was arrested (which is different from detained) but not sure about put in jail part.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Neyo

Star Member
May 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2006
AOR Received.
10-02-2007
Med's Request
03-03-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
LANDED..........
25-12-20012
It depends on what is written on your police report, get a copy and examine it

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samsili2009 said:
Hi All,

Had a question regarding Question 9 --> Have you been detained or put in jail? Problem is I was charged and arrested, but the as the charges were bogus the prosecution did not proceed, and filed a nolle prosequi (it means it is not in the interest of justice to proceed with these charges). To the first question 'been convicted or currently are part of criminal proceeding etc etc' i can say No, but to the last question, I am not too sure what to put down. As I was arrested (which is different from detained) but not sure about put in jail part.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Man with all respect this kind of questions cannot be answered here because simply it depends on the violation that you have made and the rules at your country, so simply again, if any one has commited a crime or was suspected and got arrested for that, he just need to go to the responsible department on issuing the police clearance or criminal records what ever they call it and ask for that document (police clearance, non conviction, criminal record....whatever they call it). If your records are clean, you are fine, but if there is anything wrong with the records, they will inform you (at the police station) what is going on.

Good luck

bluepine

Star Member
Jun 4, 2009
If you can get the PCC i guess it should not b a problem, if police says that nothing against you. Than you can put None in that column.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

bluepine said:
If you can get the PCC i guess it should not b a problem, if police says that nothing against you. Than you can put None in that column.
The OP was arrested, period, he answers yes and includes the statement that there were no charges. If CHC in their background check, find that he was arrested, and he has lied on his application, what do you think will happen?

PMM

bluepine

Star Member
Jun 4, 2009
i guess he did not answer yes as he seeking advice before sending the application. If he wrote yes than you are rite he has to think over it