+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Details of Govt Service: You are required to provide a completed Details of Government Service form (enclosed) containing the specifics of your duties

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Re-read post above.
"It is the same, answer to the best of your ability or add it to the letter of explanation" it's much polite than "Re-read post above".
I hope you understand that I am asking for help, so a little humility will go a long way.
Thanks and hope you have a great day.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
"It is the same, answer to the best of your ability or add it to the letter of explanation" it's much polite than "Re-read post above".
I hope you understand that I am asking for help, so a little humility will go a long way.
I hope you understand, I'm offering help for free, so a little less sensitivity to something that was not an insult will go a long way.

Riya Kaur

Star Member
Jan 13, 2022
I received the same request which I complied with and submitted the filled Government service request form within a week on March 7th, 2023.
I received a response that the Visa Office received the document on March 16th, 2023
Does anyone have any idea of the timeline after this?

My application is for a visitor visa from India.
Did you receive decision of visitor visa?

Reactions: Jumss

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
My reply would be the same. Answer the best you can in the form and include in the explaination letter that you cannot remember.
If you can go back to the bank and if they have really old employee records, may be you can get more information from their archive. But I doubt it.

I think armoured already gave you a response. "see above" is a general instruction for many forms and direction. It's not personal. It's just plain reference to something that he/she already replied.

Reactions: armoured

subrs

Apr 11, 2023
Rank - just put some kind of rank that might roughly correspond to government service, like 'director'. Include a letter of explanation about names you can't remember and the ranks, i.e. you've recorded / reported as best you can but was a long time ago.
Hi, do you know how I can upload a LoE? For me, it is only possible to upload the required documents...

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Hi, do you know how I can upload a LoE? For me, it is only possible to upload the required documents...
You can convert the LoE to a pdf and then combine the form and pdf version of LoE (you can do that online). Rename the document to say Form IMM0149 and Letter of Explanation or something like that.

Reactions: armoured and subrs

ashsense

Aug 18, 2022
Did you receive decision of visitor visa?
No I have not. The status shows document provided in Review.
It has been more 45 days since I submitted the doc.
I am thinking of withdrawing and applying again. Maybe do a GCMS notes before.
Anyway, for now, there is no information on my end from Visa Office.

Riya Kaur

Star Member
Jan 13, 2022
No I have not. The status shows document provided in Review.
It has been more 45 days since I submitted the doc.
I am thinking of withdrawing and applying again. Maybe do a GCMS notes before.
Anyway, for now, there is no information on my end from Visa Office.
I submitted on February 9 still showing document you provided is uploaded in file.

ashsense

Aug 18, 2022
I submitted on February 9 still showing document you provided is uploaded in file.
Ahh this is annoying. I wonder if GCMS notes would help. I would wait until the end of this week to file for GCMS notes and hope that the officer who preps the notes could unblock the file.
Meanwhile, I wait for GCMS notes, I will prepare to withdraw the application if nothing happens once I recieve GCMS notes and apply for a super visa instead.
Can't believe a simple visitor visa could be such a mess in Canada.
No one asked them for a 10 year visa, not sure why they can not follow timelines and create requirements like there are for Schengen visa.

sch93

Star Member
Oct 15, 2022
Hello, looking for some help in filling out IMM0149. My dad worked in Ministry of external affairs India. Where can we find the organization chart? Should this chart be attached to the form? We are unclear on the ranking. If someone has an example, can you please share: sonalchopra93@yahoo.com.

Will really appreciate. Thanks alot.