NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-05-2018
AOR Received.
02-05-2018
Med's Done....
09-05-2018
Hi everyone,

I got CoPR in March and in CoPR the city of destination is Toronto whereas I want to go to Vancouver. Can I directly land to Vancouver or I have to go to Toronto first.

Hi! Did you already land?? I am in exactly the same situation. Everyone is so definite that there will be no problem.. Buying tickets to Van...

hoorain99

Jun 14, 2018
I’m in same boat too. I want to land in Toronto hence the destination on my COPR is British Columbia. So I’m confused can I provide Toronto mailing address for Initial PR card which is my Aunt’s address in Toronto. Please help me guys. At the time of landing Can this thing create doubt for immigration officer about my PR card, that as I’m in category of FC1 and Giving mailing address of Toronto for initial PR card which is other than the address mentioned on my COPR. Need your guidance.

Last edited:

Swap16

Feb 12, 2018
My COPR has Toronto as my destination city but I want to go to Montreal as I have a job offer from a company based in Montreal. Can I give mailing address of Montreal for receiving my PR card?

hoorain99

Jun 14, 2018
My COPR has Toronto as my destination city but I want to go to Montreal as I have a job offer from a company based in Montreal. Can I give mailing address of Montreal for receiving my PR card?
I’m not sure about it. That is what I’m trying to discuss

Swap16

Feb 12, 2018
I’m not sure about it. That is what I’m trying to discuss
Okay some information I got after speaking to few official Canada immigration consultants. For Express Entry PR holders, except for Quebec you can land anywhere in Canada irrespective of the destination mentioned in your COPR. However once you land in Canada you have full rights of mobility throughout the country under "Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms" https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-heritage/services/how-rights-protected/guide-canadian-charter-rights-freedoms.html. This means once you land you can immediately move to Quebec or any other province of your choice. The gist is that Express Entry PR candidates should avoid landing in Quebec other than that everything else is fine.

MUMPD

Apr 11, 2018
Hi,referring to the first person that asked question here @Dave 1134..hope no problem since you landed in 2015..In similar situation now,will love to hear from you...Same province,but need to settle in a different city from what's on my copr ..Provincial nominations candid tate.thanks

Klakho

Jan 1, 2020
I’m in same boat too. I want to land in Toronto hence the destination on my COPR is British Columbia. So I’m confused can I provide Toronto mailing address for Initial PR card which is my Aunt’s address in Toronto. Please help me guys. At the time of landing Can this thing create doubt for immigration officer about my PR card, that as I’m in category of FC1 and Giving mailing address of Toronto for initial PR card which is other than the address mentioned on my COPR. Need your guidance.
Hi, did you do this? I’m in a similar situation, please guide.

Socceros

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
Okay some information I got after speaking to few official Canada immigration consultants. For Express Entry PR holders, except for Quebec you can land anywhere in Canada irrespective of the destination mentioned in your COPR. However once you land in Canada you have full rights of mobility throughout the country under "Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms" https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-heritage/services/how-rights-protected/guide-canadian-charter-rights-freedoms.html. This means once you land you can immediately move to Quebec or any other province of your choice. The gist is that Express Entry PR candidates should avoid landing in Quebec other than that everything else is fine.
Hi there. So if I understand you can give an address in Montreal for them to send your PR card after you land in another province?

Reactions: goodboy97

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
Last edited:

Manish_Rawal

Feb 22, 2022
My destination city on my CoPR (through Alberta PNP) is Calgary but I have booked filght through Montreal (India - Montreal - Toronto - Edmonton), Will that be okay? Someone said, we cant land in Qubece as first point of entry for PR formalities.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My destination city on my CoPR (through Alberta PNP) is Calgary but I have booked filght through Montreal (India - Montreal - Toronto - Edmonton), Will that be okay? Someone said, we cant land in Qubece as first point of entry for PR formalities.
It's fine, and esp if flights continuing on. Not true that you can't land in Montreal if destination elsewhere, this is not an uncommon scenario.

Reactions: Manish_Rawal

Manish_Rawal

Feb 22, 2022
It's fine, and esp if flights continuing on. Not true that you can't land in Montreal if destination elsewhere, this is not an uncommon scenario.
Thanks a lot for prompt response..Is there any immigration number, which can confirm this? As I am really nurvous now and want to be ensure, before i fly out.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks a lot for prompt response..Is there any immigration number, which can confirm this? As I am really nurvous now and want to be ensure, before i fly out.
Porbably is, don't know it. Or you could just go by fact that Montreal is a major airport serving lots of travellers to other provinces including (for example) the nation's capital, and your entry is so routine it likely won't even come up. (And if it does, show them your tickets)