+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Desperately need help... pregnant and stuck! IEC > PR

AbbieLea

Mar 22, 2018
I am hoping someone has some advice

My husband and I are in Canada on IEC and it’s coming to an end (mine Nov, husband Jan)

We were only a medical exam away from submitting our application (OINP skilled through husband) when I found out that I am pregnant. When we went to the medical I was advised absolutely not to have an X-ray so I got a pregnancy deferral. I assume my husband passed as he has never had any health issues. I came up with high blood pressure ( stress I assume, due to the whole situation) and have to see a cardiologist.

Issue now is, I can’t complete the medical so they won’t process until it’s done which will be after the baby is born in March. I believe my husband can get a BOWP which is great, but I will have no job or healthcare from November.

Back to the UK is not an option really .. we bought a house and our lives are here.

Had any one got any advice or ideas?

Thx
Abbie

DisieImo

Aug 13, 2018
Personally we didn't risk staying, if there were any complications in the pregnancy we wouldn't be covered by our insurance we had - only a regular straight forward birth was.........so we had to go back to the UK and have our baby - good job too ended up being an emergency c section! Who knows how much that would of cost! Back to the UK maybe the only option to have babe, not what you want to hear but unless you can get medical to cover, you wont really have any other choice.

Reactions: scylla

AbbieLea

Mar 22, 2018
Personally we didn't risk staying, if there were any complications in the pregnancy we wouldn't be covered by our insurance we had - only a regular straight forward birth was.........so we had to go back to the UK and have our baby - good job too ended up being an emergency c section! Who knows how much that would of cost! Back to the UK maybe the only option to have babe, not what you want to hear but unless you can get medical to cover, you wont really have any other choice.
Thanks for replying! Mentally I just cannot accept having to go back for the birth at the moment mainly because of our mortgage money and jobs etc but if I can’t find another way there’s no way we can risk the expense here so I totally get why you did it! Can I ask, did you go back just for that then come back to Canada? If so how long did you go for? Thanks so much

Reactions: DisieImo

DisieImo

Aug 13, 2018
Ohhh I so hear you!!
Thanks for replying! Mentally I just cannot accept having to go back for the birth at the moment mainly because of our mortgage money and jobs etc but if I can’t find another way there’s no way we can risk the expense here so I totally get why you did it! Can I ask, did you go back just for that then come back to Canada? If so how long did you go for? Thanks so much
Ohhh so hard, we were in a different position and stage in our life, but we have been back in the UK for 10 years!!! 2 children later lol

We are now looking at returning to Canada temporarily to travel with the kids as my husband and I have travelled a fair bit in the past so would be lovely to share travel with our children, different ways of life and all that lol.

Looking at your situation, popping back to the UK to have your little one, wouldn't financially break you and then you can fly back fairly soon to Canada....If you have family in the UK still would be handy - So much for you to look in to, you maybe able to find an insurance company to cover you though for the birth in Canada - But if you can't really not worth bankrupting yourselves!

Actually Ive just had a look: https://www.justanswer.com/ob-gyn/4zh7c-cost-c-section-delivery-canada-non-insured.html

Hope that helps :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ohhh I so hear you!!

Ohhh so hard, we were in a different position and stage in our life, but we have been back in the UK for 10 years!!! 2 children later lol

We are now looking at returning to Canada temporarily to travel with the kids as my husband and I have travelled a fair bit in the past so would be lovely to share travel with our children, different ways of life and all that lol.

Looking at your situation, popping back to the UK to have your little one, wouldn't financially break you and then you can fly back fairly soon to Canada....If you have family in the UK still would be handy - So much for you to look in to, you maybe able to find an insurance company to cover you though for the birth in Canada - But if you can't really not worth bankrupting yourselves!

Actually Ive just had a look: https://www.justanswer.com/ob-gyn/4zh7c-cost-c-section-delivery-canada-non-insured.html

Hope that helps :)
Those figures are too low. Recently we've seen vaginal birth being between 7-9K. Would think C-sections would be closer to 15-20K.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am hoping someone has some advice

My husband and I are in Canada on IEC and it’s coming to an end (mine Nov, husband Jan)

We were only a medical exam away from submitting our application (OINP skilled through husband) when I found out that I am pregnant. When we went to the medical I was advised absolutely not to have an X-ray so I got a pregnancy deferral. I assume my husband passed as he has never had any health issues. I came up with high blood pressure ( stress I assume, due to the whole situation) and have to see a cardiologist.

Issue now is, I can’t complete the medical so they won’t process until it’s done which will be after the baby is born in March. I believe my husband can get a BOWP which is great, but I will have no job or healthcare from November.

Back to the UK is not an option really .. we bought a house and our lives are here.

Had any one got any advice or ideas?

Thx
Abbie
I would advise you to speak to your doctor about the x-ray. It is generally considered safe to have a chest x-ray when using a shield over the belly.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
I would advise you to speak to your doctor about the x-ray. It is generally considered safe to have a chest x-ray when using a shield over the belly.

Can they do an mri or ct in case

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
CT Scan has so much more radiation than an X-ray. MRI also wouldn't be recommended unless necessary for a pregnant woman.

ok must be something else with less side effect thinking ultrasound

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Probably best if you don't suggest things if you don't know the answer. :)
I never did the medical but my husband did when i sponsored him inland 3 years ago