+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Descision made, bad news...

xixixi27

Apr 29, 2017
This is my first time posting on this website, Im sponsoring my husband and he just had his interview and he was refused. we dont know the real reason for refusal yet but at the interview the officer told him that he doesnt seem to know much about me even if he answered all the questions good; he also told him that he apparently has a warrant for his arrest in canada!!! we are shocked he doesnt know what the warrant is about he called the police division and they wouldnt give any informations over the phone, he did live in canada before as a student; I dont know what to do about this situation I did search this website and found a case similar to mine where the husband had an arrest warrant he was refused at first but later landed after appeal unfortunetly there isnt much information about what they did etc I started reading about inadmissibility on this website campbell cohen law firm Im also planning to contact them or Bellissimo law group it seems like they dealt with cases of inadmissibility
so id really appreciate any help or if you have experience especially about the warrant please share

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don't think anyone here will be able to answer your questions regarding the warrant. This is an unusual situation. Also, without knowing why there's a warrant out for him (i.e. for what charges), it's going to be extremely difficult to provide any feedback. I think this is one of those cases where you want to be working with a good immigration lawyer. Are you sure your husband doesn't know the reason for the warrant? This seems suspicious - he should have at least some idea what this is concerning. In addition to the warrant, it sounds like the interviewer may have been concerned that your relationship isn't genuine.

I don't know if you're planning on appealing the decision or submitting a new application. If you're planning on appealing, I would recommend you join the appeals discussion thread here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/seeking-refugee-under-domestic-violence-grounds.512306/

xixixi27

Apr 29, 2017
I don't think anyone here will be able to answer your questions regarding the warrant. This is an unusual situation. Also, without knowing why there's a warrant out for him (i.e. for what charges), it's going to be extremely difficult to provide any feedback. I think this is one of those cases where you want to be working with a good immigration lawyer. Are you sure your husband doesn't know the reason for the warrant? This seems suspicious - he should have at least some idea what this is concerning. In addition to the warrant, it sounds like the interviewer may have been concerned that your relationship isn't genuine.

I don't know if you're planning on appealing the decision or submitting a new application. If you're planning on appealing, I would recommend you join the appeals discussion thread here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/seeking-refugee-under-domestic-violence-grounds.512306/
thanks for the reply, no he doesnt know whats regarding he was shocked too to find it out, and he called me right away to tell me plus I dont see why he would hide it if he knew something knowing it will be exposed eventually....yes Im planning to see a lawyer.

xixixi27

Apr 29, 2017
thanks for the reply, no he doesnt know whats regarding he was shocked too to find it out, and he called me right away to tell me plus I dont see why he would hide it if he knew something knowing it will be exposed eventually....yes Im planning to see a lawyer.
if anyone knows of a good lawyer who handles complex cases please share it would help me greatly, Im feeling really down at this point.