+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deported from USA and want to go canada

Jan 4, 2018
i don't think he said anything about seeking for asylum though.
No I didn’t ask for asylum 1st I visited then I applied for a student visa from within and I’m still here
it seems it's because you didn't need a visa hence why you didn't encounter issues. and as you said it wasn't your fault her case is different she willingly broke their immigration rules.. but who knows... she can always chance it.
honestly you never know until you try I would just do it and get it over with what’s the worse that can happen a no? But what’s the best that can happen? You won’t know until you try. Good luck

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Recently in feb 2020 i was deported from usa is there any chance to go to canda
There is - however you should assume that some paths are no longer open to you due to the US deportation

You should assume that it will not be possible to get any sort of temporary visa approved, this includes work permit, study permit and visitor visa.

Instead, you should focus on qualifying and applying to immigrate and become a permanent resident through an economic immigration like Express Entry based on your education, age, occupation, etc. You can find more information about how the Express Entry program works below. Good luck.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

Reactions: novascotia27

Priyak93

Feb 19, 2021
I am deported from US due to university of farmington issue. I was enroled in that college for 5 months and later worked on h1b for 2.5 years. I came to india and went back to Us in feb 2020 and they deported me while entering US. They deported for 5 years. My role in the company is major and they applied for my work visa to canada. In the wrk visa application i did mention regarding my deportation. I have a colleauge who applied with me on the same day and got his visa but i still didnt receive mine. Is it possible for me to get wrk permit now as i only completed 1 year of my US deportation?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am deported from US due to university of farmington issue. I was enroled in that college for 5 months and later worked on h1b for 2.5 years. I came to india and went back to Us in feb 2020 and they deported me while entering US. They deported for 5 years. My role in the company is major and they applied for my work visa to canada. In the wrk visa application i did mention regarding my deportation. I have a colleauge who applied with me on the same day and got his visa but i still didnt receive mine. Is it possible for me to get wrk permit now as i only completed 1 year of my US deportation?
It will be very difficult because you didn't follow the US immigration rules. The ban only applies to the US.

Jhonjhon

Mar 24, 2021
Dont listen to that guy hes bad vibes. I was deported from usa in 2017 and came to Canada Feb 2018 with no problems the only thing they asked was if I was going to attempt to illegally go back to the u.s.
Hey how are you , thats amazing , may i ask, what were you deported for and how did you get entry to canada ? Im asking cause i too was deported from usa and would love to visit canada thanks

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Hey how are you , thats amazing , may i ask, what were you deported for and how did you get entry to canada ? Im asking cause i too was deported from usa and would love to visit canada thanks
he was taken to the us as a baby and lived there all his life illegally when he was 23 got stopped for speeding and then deported. so i guess Canada doesn't really see it as his fault but his parents.

Sdatta1

May 24, 2021
Hello, my name is Devendra I was resently deported from USA. My status was as F1 student Visa I was studying well but was doing job. At the time of immigration they found that I was working and gave me a justification of a deportation for 5 years. I requested them to complete my study as it was only 6 months left. I also have Canada visitor Visa for 10 years. Now my question is that can I travel to Canada with my passport.

Hello,

I am in the same boat. Could you please share your experience.

tunez

Jul 19, 2021
I was deported from US back in 2006 for overstaying my visa , can I apply for a work permit in canada , it's been 15 years since i was deported it should be ols history or no, thanks for helping me !

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I was deported from US back in 2006 for overstaying my visa , can I apply for a work permit in canada , it's been 15 years since i was deported it should be ols history or no, thanks for helping me !
You can always try. It’s hard to tell if the deportation will still be an issue. Would assume what is going on in your home country at the moment may also factor into the decision.

tunez

Jul 19, 2021
You can always try. It’s hard to tell if the deportation will still be an issue. Would assume what is going on in your home country at the moment may also factor into the decision.
Can the politic situation in my country intervene in the decision too?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can the politic situation in my country intervene in the decision too?
Yes, it sometimes can.

You'll need a job offer and approved LMIA to apply for the work permit.

You'll need to declare the US deportation. And you'll also want to show ties to your home country.

Certainly worth a try. Good luck.

tunez

Jul 19, 2021
Yes, it sometimes can.

You'll need a job offer and approved LMIA to apply for the work permit.

You'll need to declare the US deportation. And you'll also want to show ties to your home country.

Certainly worth a try. Good luck.
Thanks so much