+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deported from USA and want to go canada

Dishank

Feb 16, 2019
Hello, my name is Devendra I was resently deported from USA. My status was as F1 student Visa I was studying well but was doing job. At the time of immigration they found that I was working and gave me a justification of a deportation for 5 years. I requested them to complete my study as it was only 6 months left. I also have Canada visitor Visa for 10 years. Now my question is that can I travel to Canada with my passport.

joksuela

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
No, you can't. USA and Canada share immigration information. At your point of entry into Canada, CBSA will see your deportation history in USA and you will be denied entry.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do you have proof that your life is at risk? You didn't claim asylum in the US so that certainly hurts your application.

balck wolf

Sep 8, 2019
No, you can't. USA and Canada share immigration information. At your point of entry into Canada, CBSA will see your deportation history in USA and you will be denied entry.
How about if you apply for a student visa to Canada do you think the deportation from USA will affect his demand or chance to get to Canada

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
How about if you apply for a student visa to Canada do you think the deportation from USA will affect his demand or chance to get to Canada
Yes it will. A deportation from any country, especially US/UK/EU/Aus will adversely impact all future temporary visa applications to Canada. He may have a chance after a few years, but if he applied right now he's almost certain to be denied.

balck wolf

Sep 8, 2019
Yes it will. A deportation from any country, especially US/UK/EU/Aus will adversely impact all future temporary visa applications to Canada. He may have a chance after a few years, but if he applied right now he's almost certain to be denied.
Thank you for your quick response. Even though the reason for deportation was not a crime, it was working off-campus without a work permit which is probably allowed in Canada for international student. Do they take this reason in consideration or it will change nothing?

Reactions: zardoz

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thank you for your quick response. Even though the reason for deportation was not a crime, it was working off-campus without a work permit which is probably allowed in Canada for international student. Do they take this reason in consideration or it will change nothing?
Changes nothing. He was deported for not following the immigration rules. The presumption will now be that he will do it again in the future. It takes time to recover from something like this - after 5-10 years (assuming there are no future immigration violations), it won't be such a big issue.

balck wolf

Sep 8, 2019
Changes nothing. He was deported for not following the immigration rules. The presumption will now be that he will do it again in the future. It takes time to recover from something like this - after 5-10 years (assuming there are no future immigration violations), it won't be such a big issue.
Just last question. I know this website is dedicated to Canada visa issues and question. I Just want to ask you if by any chance you know if that deportation from the USA can affect also your visa application to EU countries same as Canada or have nothing to do with the USA . Thanks

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Just last question. I know this website is dedicated to Canada visa issues and question. I Just want to ask you if by any chance you know if that deportation from the USA can affect also your visa application to EU countries same as Canada or have nothing to do with the USA . Thanks
Yes it will. Deportation from any country will affect visa applications to any other country. Especially deportations from a developed country - all other developed countries will look askance at your application.

Reactions: balck wolf

Esquire

Sep 29, 2019
Can somebody who was removed from US without criminal history, only overstayed, apply for a work visa to Canada

Jan 4, 2018
Hello, my name is Devendra I was resently deported from USA. My status was as F1 student Visa I was studying well but was doing job. At the time of immigration they found that I was working and gave me a justification of a deportation for 5 years. I requested them to complete my study as it was only 6 months left. I also have Canada visitor Visa for 10 years. Now my question is that can I travel to Canada with my passport.
Dont listen to that guy hes bad vibes. I was deported from usa in 2017 and came to Canada Feb 2018 with no problems the only thing they asked was if I was going to attempt to illegally go back to the u.s.

Reactions: Buffertiger