+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deported from USA and want to go canada

ratheepan

Sep 6, 2021
Hi someone please answer me.
I went Australia by boat in 2011 and claims refugee status and my claim was rejected by immigration and but my case was in high court for further decisions, Also I had visa to live and work in Australia. But I decided to return to Sri Lanka. Because I felt my problems solved I could live peaceful. So came back to Sri Lanka voluntarily. So Currently I’m studying 1 year carpenter course in Canada . Which is fully online teaching. But I wanted go to Canada and study 1 more year in Canada. please I would like to know that my travel history to Australia in past . Will it effect my visa to Canada . Thank you

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi someone please answer me.
I went Australia by boat in 2011 and claims refugee status and my claim was rejected by immigration and but my case was in high court for further decisions, Also I had visa to live and work in Australia. But I decided to return to Sri Lanka. Because I felt my problems solved I could live peaceful. So came back to Sri Lanka voluntarily. So Currently I’m studying 1 year carpenter course in Canada . Which is fully online teaching. But I wanted go to Canada and study 1 more year in Canada. please I would like to know that my travel history to Australia in past . Will it effect my visa to Canada . Thank you
Yes it may affect your ability to get a study permit in Canada. Australia and Canada share immigration information so make sure you are declaring your immigration history.

jop321

Nov 16, 2021
Hi All,
I was deported from USA in 2014 when I was on F1 visaon the grounds of inadequate documents[212(a)(7)(b)(i)(II)]As far as I remember I was not imposed any ban.I am planning for PR visa to Canada..Will the deportation from USA affect my application for PR visa.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,
I was deported from USA in 2014 when I was on F1 visaon the grounds of inadequate documents[212(a)(7)(b)(i)(II)]As far as I remember I was not imposed any ban.I am planning for PR visa to Canada..Will the deportation from USA affect my application for PR visa.
You will need to declare the US deportation in your PR application, along with any other refusals or orders to leave a country. As long as you fully declare your immigration history in your Canadian PR application and there's no criminality involved, you shouldn't have any issues.

jop321

Nov 16, 2021
You will need to declare the US deportation in your PR application, along with any other refusals or orders to leave a country. As long as you fully declare your immigration history in your Canadian PR application and there's no criminality involved, you shouldn't have any issues.
Thank you, no criminality involved

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you, no criminality involved
Then you're good to go. Make sure you declare everything in your PR application.

Brp2022

Apr 16, 2022
You can immigrate to Canada if you qualify but coming to Canada to work, study or visit is much harder.
You can immigrate to Canada if you qualify but coming to Canada to work, study or visit is much harder.
Hi

I had a few questions of my own that needed answering desperately.

I am in US right now. I have already applied for PR under OINP and have processed biometrics recently. But the thing is I have been overstaying in the US for less than a year now. It will be a year in October. Will that have any kind of effect on processing my PR? If it does, how do I make sure it doesnt?

If it doesnt when I decide to leave the US, I am sure they will have some kind of record of my voluntary removal. If they dont find about my overstay during the PR processing, will they have problems admitting me into Canada because of the deportation in the future? I intend to fly to Canada directly from the US. Will I be returned at the port of entry?

I do not have any cases of criminality aginst me. The PCC came clean.

Thank you.