+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deported from US, can we immigrate to Canada

bruno2013

Jun 17, 2013
My husband is being deported back to Mexico, I am a US Citizen and so are our two children. his deportation is final since he is a PR, is there any way we could immigrate to Canada instead of Mexico? Asylum, Refugee or any other type of application? Any type of information in this related case would help, Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Asylum / refugee is out. You don't qualify.

If you wish to immigrate to Canada, you'll have to qualify under one of the other immigration programs listed here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp

You can take the following quiz to help you to determine if you qualify to apply:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/eligibility.asp

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I think that it's important to know why he is being deported, especially as you say he is a PR. This could make a huge difference.

bruno2013

Jun 17, 2013
He is being deported for an aggravated felony. Which is the reason he lost his permanent residency, the main reason why we are avoiding moving to Mexico is because of the violence ans insecurity in that country. I was hoping that the fact that we are US Citizens could help, but it doesn't. Now we are in this predicament I am trying my best to figure something else out besides moving back to Mexico.
Thank you for all reply's to this post any information helps.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
You may want to check the equivalent of that aggravated felony in Canada. If the US deported him for it, it's not likely that Canada will accept him either due to criminality.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
bruno2013 said:
He is being deported for an aggravated felony. Which is the reason he lost his permanent residency, the main reason why we are avoiding moving to Mexico is because of the violence ans insecurity in that country. I was hoping that the fact that we are US Citizens could help, but it doesn't. Now we are in this predicament I am trying my best to figure something else out besides moving back to Mexico.
Thank you for all reply's to this post any information helps.
Ah - yes, that completely changes things. I missed that his Green Card was revoked when I first read your post.

If he has an aggravated felony, then it's pretty much guaranteed that he's inadmissible to Canada for at least five years from the time he completes his sentence for the crime (could be longer depending on the specifics of the crime).

I don't think Canada is an option for you at this time. Given the felony, I think it's unlikely any country other than Mexico is an option for him at this time.

bruno2013

Jun 17, 2013
I really appreciate your comments I have never had to deal with immigration, and now I don't see the light. How much time would it be recommended before any type of application could be made either to the US or Canada. One more thing if he was to find a job in Mexico where the Company would send him to work in Canada, his deportation from the US would affect him at all or that is just a whole different thing.
Thank you so much for your time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The deportation from the US isn't the problem when it comes to entering Canada - the felony is the problem. You haven't given us any details as to the specific charges, but there's likely no point trying to enter Canada via any route for at least five years (could be longer depending on the charges). Finding a job in Mexico where the company then wants to send him to Canada to work won't change anything. He's still inadmissible to Canada due to the felony.

For advice on US immigration, I'd recommend you join the following US immigration forum. The US has different immigration rules than Canada.

http://immigrate2us.net/forum/forum.php?s=09482ca66e18deec28708904e7fa01a9

Jasmimederik

Dec 21, 2017
If your husband was deported he should have a clean record in that country.. like my dad i was wondering the same. Broke laws in us but not in europe where he been deported to.. why not if his records are clean in that country he should be able to go an5hwhere but the united states so im hoping for my dad..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If your husband was deported he should have a clean record in that country.. like my dad i was wondering the same. Broke laws in us but not in europe where he been deported to.. why not if his records are clean in that country he should be able to go an5hwhere but the united states so im hoping for my dad..
It depends what laws your father broke in the US. Depending on what he did - he may be inadmissible to Canada. Or he may not be. It's not possible to say without further details.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One of the things they do check for everybody is the criminal record in USA. Having a clean register in 1 country means nothing if there was criminal offense in other country.

Tanyamalik

Feb 20, 2019
Hey Guys ,
Please revert to my query, it will be a great help to me.
I came to USA on B1/B2 in 2015, and applied for change of status to F1. As i have already applied for change of status to F1 , i cannot leave the country. But unfortunately i got cought by ICE and they came across i am employed. So i have been gove orders to deport. So i took voluntary departure and came back to my home country.
Now the query is i got married to a guy in Canada who is on work permit and about apply for PR through SINP. He is about to add me in PR. So my deportation will hamper the PR in canada?
Please reply , i need some guidance .

amokarl21

Feb 26, 2019
Hi , I also have a question, my husband will most likely be deported from the US for illegal entry , after a denial at ciudad Juarez and which they gave him a 10 yr ban. Reason why he had 2 illegal entries when he was young. and a Dui from like 8 years ago. we got the dui expunged trying to apply for DACA, but paperwork did not make it in.time before trump cancelled DACA. We had a fraudulent attorney and we never applied for DACA sooner, and also bad advice that he sent him out to Juarez appointment when he had no chance of coming back. w are terrified of moving to tj , Mexico. we have 3 young kids is there any way we can move to Canada, that he can get a work visa? for me as well I am a US citizen.

amokarl21

Feb 26, 2019
Hi , I also have a question, my husband will most likely be deported from the US for illegal entry , after a denial at ciudad Juarez and which they gave him a 10 yr ban. Reason why he had 2 illegal entries when he was young. and a Dui from like 8 years ago. we got the dui expunged trying to apply for DACA, but paperwork did not make it in.time before trump cancelled DACA. We had a fraudulent attorney and we never applied for DACA sooner, and also bad advice that he sent him out to Juarez appointment when he had no chance of coming back. w are terrified of moving to tj , Mexico. we have 3 young kids is there any way we can move to Canada, that he can get a work visa? for me as well I am a US citizen.
we just want our kids to have a good education I do not want them to be raised in Mexico or take away their education