+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

deported from other country, is it possible to file PR in canada?

Earal

Aug 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-'10
AOR Received.
08-25-'10
File Transfer...
08-09-'10
Med's Done....
06-24-'10
Passport Req..
09-16-'10
VISA ISSUED...
01-25-'11 DM
hi guys!!!

im just concern with one thing, know somebody who was deported from HOngkong went back to original country Philippines, and applied in Canada as worker. NOw she is in Canada, my question is is it possible for her to file he Pr status here in Canada?

What if she didn't declare that she was deported, will the immigration detect it? She was still single when she was deported, now she's married so she's using different family name; one more thing she declared that her passport was lost so the Philippine consulate needs to issue her new passport ofcourse now without the deportation stamp will they still detect it when she files?

thanks!!!

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Yes I believe when they do the background checks they will detect this.

You will have to admit to CIC you lived in Hong Kong anyway,as if you lived there for a period of over 6 months you need a police check.

If you omit all the information about Hong Kong, Canada will deport you for misrepresentation anyway, and deny you entry into Canada for a minimum of 2 years.

Never underestimate CIC, they will even know you have a new passport by the way and will for sure, know your maiden name. So be totally honest in your application and file Outland so you can appeal if need be.

Earal

Aug 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-'10
AOR Received.
08-25-'10
File Transfer...
08-09-'10
Med's Done....
06-24-'10
Passport Req..
09-16-'10
VISA ISSUED...
01-25-'11 DM
angelbrat said:
Yes I believe when they do the background checks they will detect this.

You will have to admit to CIC you lived in Hong Kong anyway,as if you lived there for a period of over 6 months you need a police check.

If you omit all the information about Hong Kong, Canada will deport you for misrepresentation anyway, and deny you entry into Canada for a minimum of 2 years.

Never underestimate CIC, they will even know you have a new passport by the way and will for sure, know your maiden name. So be totally honest in your application and file Outland so you can appeal if need be.
thanks angelbrat!!! in this case it is possible for me to report this to CIC??? or just leave it to CIC for them to detect it?

longstory

Oct 11, 2010
I also don't recommend any facts withheld or any falsification made on the application, I know people caught on it, CIC simply asked their lawyers to re-submit with corrections, that shouldn't mean they are always this nice to everyone who commits the same.

Earal

Aug 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-'10
AOR Received.
08-25-'10
File Transfer...
08-09-'10
Med's Done....
06-24-'10
Passport Req..
09-16-'10
VISA ISSUED...
01-25-'11 DM
longstory said:
I also don't recommend any facts withheld or any falsification made on the application, I know people caught on it, CIC simply asked their lawyers to re-submit with corrections, that shouldn't mean they are always this nice to everyone who commits the same.
lucky for other people who wasn't detected at all...do you think i need to report this or leave her alone?

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Report it.

If you don't, CIC will believe you are misrepresenting yourself. I know of no one that has not been detected, in fact there are a few threads on this forum that people tried to hide Countries they lived in, got caught and got banned from Canada for 2 years.

There is no getting around this situation, I am afraid.

Earal

Aug 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-'10
AOR Received.
08-25-'10
File Transfer...
08-09-'10
Med's Done....
06-24-'10
Passport Req..
09-16-'10
VISA ISSUED...
01-25-'11 DM
angelbrat said:
Report it.

If you don't, CIC will believe you are misrepresenting yourself. I know of no one that has not been detected, in fact there are a few threads on this forum that people tried to hide Countries they lived in, got caught and got banned from Canada for 2 years.

There is no getting around this situation, I am afraid.
where and how to report in such cases like this? thanks!

Earal

Aug 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-'10
AOR Received.
08-25-'10
File Transfer...
08-09-'10
Med's Done....
06-24-'10
Passport Req..
09-16-'10
VISA ISSUED...
01-25-'11 DM
i called CIC once to report a person i know who was deported from HOngkong then now working here and they said the basis for applying PR is 24months being live-in caregiver, and if she can comply with that then she can file for PR. i didn't have any chance to tell him(cic operator) that i knew somebody, he said my concern is too broad. :(

i even know somebody who was once tourist here in canada then her visa expired and she just filed refugee with a letter telling a lie about her status in the Philippines.... im just so sick and tired of these kind of people who dis-respect the law and making their own way to get what they want.

its so unfair for all other people who are sacrificing a lot for them to get PR legally, while others are like taking it for granted and just chilling.

if you guys know where to report this kind of stuff please let me know....thanks a lot and i really appreciate it.