+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deported 35 years ago! Any chance now?

Nish_m

Feb 25, 2015
My dad got deported from canada around 35 years ago!
Is there any chance of getting visitor visa now?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
You should go through this

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/arc.asp

Generally it depends upon what grounds he was deported upon, how quickly and in proper manner he complied and how has the situation changed since then. It is written here for instance that if it was illegal work issue, is the applicant in stable work conditions now. If it was a criminal offence, has applicant undergone rehab etc. since then.

At any rate 35 years is a long time. But i believe they are still going to compare the reasons of deportation at that time to current situation at hand.

Nish_m

Feb 25, 2015
fkl said:
You should go through this

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/arc.asp

Generally it depends upon what grounds he was deported upon, how quickly and in proper manner he complied and how has the situation changed since then. It is written here for instance that if it was illegal work issue, is the applicant in stable work conditions now. If it was a criminal offence, has applicant undergone rehab etc. since then.

At any rate 35 years is a long time. But i believe they are still going to compare the reasons of deportation at that time to current situation at hand.
He was over stayed there and was working illegal.
And her daughter got permanent resident of canada 5 years ago.
And i also got study permit.
What points should be considered while filing visa?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Factors affecting should be - what he does now. How stable he is financially and work wise - to not likely overstay illegally.

Daughter being PR or a son being student at any rate is irrelevant. Rather could be treated towards ties to Canada.

Nish_m

Feb 25, 2015
fkl said:
Factors affecting should be - what he does now. How stable he is financially and work wise - to not likely overstay illegally.

Daughter being PR or a son being student at any rate is irrelevant. Rather could be treated towards ties to Canada.
Ok Thanks