+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deportation order

Nick_01

Dec 16, 2022
Hey guys,

I have been convicted for a DUI from 2018 recently, no jail time and just fine. I am aware once conviction is entered you are instantly inadmissible. Now its just a matter of time CBSA issues me a deportation order. I choose to leave Canada voluntarily before the deportation order is even issued for me.

I have worked in Canada for few years and saved some money in my Bank. Does anyone know if my bank account will get frozen if I leave Canada or deported? If my account does get frozen or deactivated I would take out all my funds in advance.

If anyone have any knowledge or experience regarding this, please do let me know.

Thanks in advance.

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015
Hey guys,

I have been convicted for a DUI from 2018 recently, no jail time and just fine. I am aware once conviction is entered you are instantly inadmissible. Now its just a matter of time CBSA issues me a deportation order. I choose to leave Canada voluntarily before the deportation order is even issued for me.

I have worked in Canada for few years and saved some money in my Bank. Does anyone know if my bank account will get frozen if I leave Canada or deported? If my account does get frozen or deactivated I would take out all my funds in advance.

If anyone have any knowledge or experience regarding this, please do let me know.

Thanks in advance.
Move your funds and if possible hire a Lawyer who could fight against such orders.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
No, there's no automatic process for this, and non-residents can have bank accounts (if bank allows). In fact, I doubt the banks would get any notification of loss of PR status at all.

The only way your funds would be frozen is if some party - whether govt or private - got a court order to do so, and generally that would only be with an identified debt or liability owed to them.

But if you think any such potential action is out there for you, you should already be talking to a lawyer.

abab2022

Aug 18, 2022
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance.
Google Search "dui charges dropped"

Nick_01

Dec 16, 2022
Thanks for sharing. I dont owe anything to anyone or have any debt. I will pay off everything that I owe before I leave. I currently do not have any decoration order issued to me yet, but its likely that CBSA will issue one once they are notified about the conviction.

Although when offence occurred in 2018 it feel under the old DUI laws which does not fall under serious criminality, but I am yet not sure if this could trigger deportation.

Nick_01

Dec 16, 2022
No use man, I have fought this for 5 years suffered a lot and cant do this anymore, I lost and its time for me to leave Canada with everything behind

singhno

Jan 12, 2022
No use man, I have fought this for 5 years suffered a lot and cant do this anymore, I lost and its time for me to leave Canada with everything behind
Are you sure you will be deported? I mean the law changed in 2019 and your offence was in 2018?

Reactions: Nick_01

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Might be worth reaching out to the law firm that generously provides these forums. You can find their contact numbers at the top of the page.

Sadly, it also comes down to where your are from sometimes. I've read more than one post from a U.S. citizen that has had a DUI conviction, yet is never even asked about it when entering Canada. Perhaps this only shows up if a person is sent to Secondary Inspection?

I tend to agree with you that a charge from 2018 may not have the same consequences as it would now.

Good luck!

Reactions: Nick_01

Nick_01

Dec 16, 2022
I am not fully sure if I will be deported or not, but in IRCC page it shows the below. Still i am not sure what's going to happen now

If you committed an impaired driving offence before December 18, 2018
Tougher penalties for impaired driving came into effect on December 18, 2018. If you committed an impaired driving offence before this date, we’ll determine if you’re inadmissible based on the penalties in force at the time.

This means you may be inadmissible for criminality, and not serious criminality, unless you received a prison sentence in Canada longer than 6 months.

Nick_01

Dec 16, 2022
Might be worth reaching out to the law firm that generously provides these forums. You can find their contact numbers at the top of the page.

Sadly, it also comes down to where your are from sometimes. I've read more than one post from a U.S. citizen that has had a DUI conviction, yet is never even asked about it when entering Canada. Perhaps this only shows up if a person is sent to Secondary Inspection?

I tend to agree with you that a charge from 2018 may not have the same consequences as it would now.

Good luck!

Thanks for your response. I hoping for the best at the same time I am prepared for the worst. Can you tell me what you mean by "yet is never even asked about it when entering Canada. Perhaps this only shows up if a person is sent to Secondary Inspection? "

Does it mean that while entering Canada it will not show up on the record?

singhno

Jan 12, 2022
I am not fully sure if I will be deported or not, but in IRCC page it shows the below. Still i am not sure what's going to happen now

If you committed an impaired driving offence before December 18, 2018
Tougher penalties for impaired driving came into effect on December 18, 2018. If you committed an impaired driving offence before this date, we’ll determine if you’re inadmissible based on the penalties in force at the time.

This means you may be inadmissible for criminality, and not serious criminality, unless you received a prison sentence in Canada longer than 6 months.
but you were just fined, not imposed any jail sentence. I think you will be fine.

Nick_01

Dec 16, 2022
Hi,

Yes I was fined the mandatory minimum, no accident or no one was hurt. My BAC was slightly over the legal limit and this happened in early 2018. I have looked everywhere but couldnt find anyone who had the similar story and was able to stay in Canada.

5 years has almost passed since my offence and i have no other offences in this 5 years, only reason it took so long to be over was due to pandemic and also delay from court and my lawyers looking for options.

singhno

Jan 12, 2022
Hi,

Yes I was fined the mandatory minimum, no accident or no one was hurt. My BAC was slightly over the legal limit and this happened in early 2018. I have looked everywhere but couldnt find anyone who had the similar story and was able to stay in Canada.

5 years has almost passed since my offence and i have no other offences in this 5 years, only reason it took so long to be over was due to pandemic and also delay from court and my lawyers looking for options.
you are overthinking and have you contacted any lawyer?

Nick_01

Dec 16, 2022
you are overthinking and have you contacted any lawyer?

Hi,

Not yet, I just received the conviction this week. I am just currently so shocked and overwhelmed i dont know where to start. I started with this forum to get some additional info and will try to speak to a lawyer next week since its the weekend. I am not sure if I should speak to a CBSA agent and notify them about this