+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deportation order

AMDJ

Sep 30, 2022
No use man, I have fought this for 5 years suffered a lot and cant do this anymore, I lost and its time for me to leave Canada with everything behind
The only way this can be fixed is if you reopen the case and atleast overturn the conviction to a conditional discharge it an expensive process I have done it with a charge I had on me

Nick_01

Dec 16, 2022
The only way this can be fixed is if you reopen the case and atleast overturn the conviction to a conditional discharge it an expensive process I have done it with a charge I had on me

Hi, I was given a conditional discharge at the provincial court. But after a year and half of serving the conditions imposed by the provincial court such as probation and driving probation, community service hours. The crown prosecutor appeal the sentence and it was overturned by the superior court and given a summary conviction of 1000$ fine.

AMDJ

Sep 30, 2022
Hi, I was given a conditional discharge at the provincial court. But after a year and half of serving the conditions imposed by the provincial court such as probation and driving probation, community service hours. The crown prosecutor appeal the sentence and it was overturned by the superior court and given a summary conviction of 1000$ fine.
That’s very rare that a crown attorney challenged provincial court’s decision still you can challenge the superior court decision it’s gonna be expensive and lot of work but not impossible I challenged my after 3 years.

Nick_01

Dec 16, 2022
That’s very rare that a crown attorney challenged provincial court’s decision still you can challenge the superior court decision it’s gonna be expensive and lot of work but not impossible I challenged my after 3 years.
Yup it was rare but it was appealed by the crown. We have made an appeal application to the higher court now to reinstate the original discharge but its long down the road that we got the hearing. Currently I have a conviction, and still not sure if I would be issued a deportation order.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yup it was rare but it was appealed by the crown. We have made an appeal application to the higher court now to reinstate the original discharge but its long down the road that we got the hearing. Currently I have a conviction, and still not sure if I would be issued a deportation order.
See. a. lawyer.

Generally if it's under appeal you'd be able to do something about a deportation order - IF one is issued - but ...

see. a. lawyer.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Hey guys,

I have been convicted for a DUI from 2018 recently, no jail time and just fine. I am aware once conviction is entered you are instantly inadmissible. Now its just a matter of time CBSA issues me a deportation order. I choose to leave Canada voluntarily before the deportation order is even issued for me.

I have worked in Canada for few years and saved some money in my Bank. Does anyone know if my bank account will get frozen if I leave Canada or deported? If my account does get frozen or deactivated I would take out all my funds in advance.

If anyone have any knowledge or experience regarding this, please do let me know.

Thanks in advance.
May I ask, how come it took 4 years to land a conviction on this DUI? Also, can you provide some background on how it all happened? Just curious.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you appeal PR application will be put on hold until a decision is made regarding your appeal. You need to be consulting both a criminal and immigration lawyer.

Nick_01

Dec 16, 2022
Covid and existing large backlogs in the courts.

Yes you are right, it was due to covid and backlogs along with both defence and prosecutor trying various options with this case. I am not a PR yet, currently on my work permit. I was waiting for this case to be finally over and then I would have applied. I am kind of confused at this stage now, yes i did just receive a conviction but since my offence was before they stricken the DUI laws in 2018 december and is punishable by max 5 years. Also it was also a summary offence, does it still make me inadmissible in Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes you are right, it was due to covid and backlogs along with both defence and prosecutor trying various options with this case. I am not a PR yet, currently on my work permit. I was waiting for this case to be finally over and then I would have applied. I am kind of confused at this stage now, yes i did just receive a conviction but since my offence was before they stricken the DUI laws in 2018 december and is punishable by max 5 years. Also it was also a summary offence, does it still make me inadmissible in Canada?
[/QUOTE
Others will have to answer. I am not sure whether you are remain inadmissible for PR and whether your DUI will be considered based on current sentencing. Whether you qualify for a WP will also be an issue. When dies your WP expire?

Nick_01

Dec 16, 2022
Others will have to answer. I am not sure whether you are remain inadmissible for PR and whether your DUI will be considered based on current sentencing. Whether you qualify for a WP will also be an issue. When dies your WP expire?

Thanks for your response, I have always declared my charges and updated with IRCC and was still granted a 3 year PGWP until 2025, I also have a travel visa issued. My DUI was sentenced under 253 1(b) which was what it was called before December 19th 2018.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your response, I have always declared my charges and updated with IRCC and was still granted a 3 year PGWP until 2025, I also have a travel visa issued. My DUI was sentenced under 253 1(b) which was what it was called before December 19th 2018.
Did you have aconviction when you applied for PGWP?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I suspect the fact that, at that point, you had not yet been convicted may have been why your PGWP was approved.

Reactions: canuck78

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Firstly I hope you don't get deported.

As a general rule I don't think they'd freeze someone's assets in a deportation order. If you're in-land and not an imminent risk (i.e. a violent criminal at risk of offending again and are incarcerated), then they'd give you a departure order, which takes 30 days to take effect and so you'd have time to sort out your affairs. I think when it comes to freezing bank accounts, they'd need a warrant to do that based on some type of evidence that you're committing wire fraud, which is clearly not the case here.

What matters here is you needed the will power here to fight this DUI all the way to ensure it protects your residency.

Reactions: Nick_01