+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deportation order can bring a refusal

Dorib

Dec 23, 2017
Hi all
Please I need your help.
I got an ITA after receiving a NSPNP certificate. Now I am gathering my documents. However I am afraid that I can be refused to get a PR at the end of the process because my husband has two deporting orders (one in Canada in1998 and one in USA in 2003, for the last one he got an expulsion for entry of 10 years). In both cases he asked for asylum and this request was refused and authorities gave him removal order, which he didn't respect. My husband has leaved in our native country since 2003 and now he will come as part of my accompanying family members. We got married in 2009 and we have a daughter who will also come with me.
I'm filling in my forms now after ITA, before submitting it, gathering all the needed documents, but it seems to me that the part of declaring "if you've ever been refused, detain etc" as a threaten part that if you say "Yes", you'll be refused... and as long as my husband is part of my application the whole thing would be refused. I'm not going to lie and I'll provide all the information that he has and remembers because unfortunately we don't have many papers, all this had happened almost 15 years ago.
Do you know any similar case? Can they refuse my application? Can I appeal their decision, using any lawyer, if they'll do so, because till now I've done this application without using any representative agent or lawyer?
and
If we finalise this process successfully and we will be allowed, we'll have the right to land in Canada for PR, does he need to apply before landing for an ARC (Authorisation to Return to Canada)?

Looking forward for your help.

Sincerely,
Ina

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
As long as you are honest, IMO, the deportations shouldn’t prevent you from being approved. It will probably result in extra scrutiny and delays, but for immigration, Canada is pretty leinient in this regard. I believe IRCC will tell you if you need to apply for ARC during the process (probably more of a delay).
Don’t expect your husband to ever be able to enter the US. He likely has a Permenent ban (even if he becomes a Canadian citizen).
Others more knowledgeable can co firm or correct my understanding.

Reactions: Dorib