+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445


Discussion in 'Express Entry / Expression of Interest' started by Anmolsingh, Dec 7, 2019.

  1. I got convicted in new zealand for careless driving and assault . As a result i got deported. Can i apply for canada PNP OR LMI?
    You help and advise is appreciated.
  2. you can apply. just be honest about your criminal record.
    Good luck..
  3. Thanks for getting back.
    Is there any chance of getting visa approved?
    Have you heard anyone with something similar getting visa??
  4. How many years ago were you convicted/deported?
  5. I just got deported last month .
  6. You might need to apply for criminal rehabilitation to be able to apply for Canadian PR, because as you said, you were convicted. For more information: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5312-rehabilitation-persons-inadmissible-canada-past-criminal-activity.html
  7. Can you provide the circumstances of the arrest and deportation. Be as detailed as possible as to what happened. That will enable us to give an accurate assessment.
  8. but there was no sentence, just a deportation. does rehabilitation still apply in this case?

    I think OP needs to find out if this statement applies to his conviction. "If you committed an offence outside Canada that, if committed in Canada, would be an indictable offence punishable by a maximum term of imprisonment of less than ten years"
  9. Your issue isn't the deportation. It's your criminal record. You are most likely inadmissible to Canada and will need to go through the rehabilitation process before you can qualify for PNP or a work permit / LMIA.
  10. Agreed with what others have said. If you were just deported, it's going to be five years before you qualify for rehabilitation. You need to forget about Canada for at least five years.
  11. OP was convicted of assult. The deportation was the sentence. Rehabilitation 100% applies in this case and OP is currently inadmissible to Canada. OP will not qualify for rehabilitation for another five years. Immigrating to Canada is not an option at this time.
  12. What Canadas cares about is five years after serving your "sentence".
    scylla likes this.

Share This Page