+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependents of Work-permit applicant

kamran.nishat

Aug 10, 2020
I applied for work-permit for myself under the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)-exempt category on 13th March from Pakistan. I also applied for a visit visa for my wife and 2 kids. I had prior biometric and did upfront medical for myself. My application got rejected because I submitted the wrong form. They asked me to apply again. They didn't reject the applications of my wife and kids.
I submitted my application again in May from the USA (currently here for a job). It got accepted and I have my work visa on my passport. My application was processed in Edmonton.
Applications of my wife and kids are still pending. They are in process in Abu Dhabi (submitted from Pakistan). Biometric of my wife was done an updated on 17th March. But no progress on it.

Should I wait it is more than 145 days since our original submission.

kamran.nishat

Aug 10, 2020
Actually, she is a housewife. So most probably she will not work at least initially.
What should I do? Should I submit a new application after landing in Canada? Or wait for their application (submitted more than 150 days old) to finalize?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Actually, she is a housewife. So most probably she will not work at least initially.
What should I do? Should I submit a new application after landing in Canada? Or wait for their application (submitted more than 150 days old) to finalize?
You don't have to work on an OWP. She isn't a temporary visitor so a TRV has a higher chance of being denied versus an OWP.

Aug 15, 2020
I applied for work-permit for myself under the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)-exempt category on 13th March from Pakistan. I also applied for a visit visa for my wife and 2 kids. I had prior biometric and did upfront medical for myself. My application got rejected because I submitted the wrong form. They asked me to apply again. They didn't reject the applications of my wife and kids.
I submitted my application again in May from the USA (currently here for a job). It got accepted and I have my work visa on my passport. My application was processed in Edmonton.
Applications of my wife and kids are still pending. They are in process in Abu Dhabi (submitted from Pakistan). Biometric of my wife was done an updated on 17th March. But no progress on it.

Should I wait it is more than 145 days since our original submission.
Hi I also planning to apply for my work permit, with my wife's open work permit, sons study permit, however, I am not sure for which category should I apply for my daughter she will be 2 yrs next month. I don't think I can apply for work permit for her. Should I apply for other visit?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Hi I also planning to apply for my work permit, with my wife's open work permit, sons study permit, however, I am not sure for which category should I apply for my daughter she will be 2 yrs next month. I don't think I can apply for work permit for her. Should I apply for other visit?
How old is your son? He only needs a study permit if over 18. Otherwise he and your daughter just need visitor visas.

Aug 15, 2020
How old is your son? He only needs a study permit if over 18. Otherwise he and your daughter just need visitor visas.
Thank you for your reply. My son is 6 years and we are coming to British Columbia. So they will receive privileges like medical and can register for schooling.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You and your children need special permission to enter Canada due to travel restrictions even if you get your SOWP.