+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependents NOT listed on eCopr.

elkapelka

Star Member
Nov 27, 2021
My husband just got his eCopr but we are not listed there as his dependents!

My husband and I, and our three kids made a refugee claim back in August 2019. My husband's claim was accepted in July 2020 and he became a protected person. The kids and I were rejected because I had two citizenships, so the board member decided I could seek protection from my other home country.
My husband applied for PR in August 2020 and listed us as accompanying dependents. Last week he received pr portal invite and uploaded our photos and addresses. He got his eCopr a couple hours ago but we didn't. We're not even listed as his dependents on his ecopr! Is this normal? Will we get our eCoprs too? Or will he have to sponsor us separately?

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
My husband just got his eCopr but we are not listed there as his dependents!

My husband and I, and our three kids made a refugee claim back in August 2019. My husband's claim was accepted in July 2020 and he became a protected person. The kids and I were rejected because I had two citizenships, so the board member decided I could seek protection from my other home country.
My husband applied for PR in August 2020 and listed us as accompanying dependents. Last week he received pr portal invite and uploaded our photos and addresses. He got his eCopr a couple hours ago but we didn't. We're not even listed as his dependents on his ecopr! Is this normal? Will we get our eCoprs too? Or will he have to sponsor us separately?
It’s normal that you’re not listed as dependents. The principal applicant needs to get the eCoPR first then the dependents. Since your husband got his CoPR today then you should expect the portal credentials email then you’ll have to upload your pics and address.

elkapelka

Star Member
Nov 27, 2021
Thanks for the response!

We have already received pr portal emails (all of us at the same time) and uploaded our photos and addresses all at the same time.

Janaina06

May 30, 2019
Hi elkapelka, good afternoon. The same situation happened to me, my husband was accepted as protected person but me and our kids did not because of our dual citizenships. I have a question that maybe you can help me with. Did you applied for the Refugee Status inside Canada? We applied inside Canada and now we don't know what to do. If me and the kids will have to leave the country or if we should apply for any kind of appeal and stay in Canada with my husband. I hope someone can help me. Thanks and regards!

elkapelka

Star Member
Nov 27, 2021
Hi elkapelka, good afternoon. The same situation happened to me, my husband was accepted as protected person but me and our kids did not because of our dual citizenships. I have a question that maybe you can help me with. Did you applied for the Refugee Status inside Canada? We applied inside Canada and now we don't know what to do. If me and the kids will have to leave the country or if we should apply for any kind of appeal and stay in Canada with my husband. I hope someone can help me. Thanks and regards!
Hi, sorry to hear that.

We applied for protection in Canada. After I was rejected I filed an appeal to RAD, which was also rejected. But by the time it was rejected my husband had already applied for PR and included us in his application as his accompanying dependents. I was considering applying for Judicial Review but my lawyer told me to just wait for the PR and not go for the Judicial Review.
My husband received his eCOPR yesterday, but we are not listed there as his dependents. His ECAS PR application status is Decision Made, mine is In Process, but we also received PR Portal invites and also uploaded our In-Canada declarations and photos. I'm really confused if we are going to receive PR's too or if he now has to sponsor us separately (which doesn't make sense because I already have an application in process)

If you haven't applied for PR yet I would suggest that you file an appeal to RAD, to buy time and make sure you're not removed from Canada before you get your pr's.

As to leaving the country, I really do not know how we can leave. I cannot leave on my own because our passports were seized and my kids' passports have since expired. There's no way our country will renew them, all embassies and consulates are rejecting us on political grounds that's one of the reasons we claimed asylum in the first place. And, even if they agreed to renew passports they would need my husband to come in personally to the consulate which he cannot do because he is a protected person. I can only leave if CBSA can secure some sort of travel documents for us.

Janaina06

May 30, 2019
Hi, sorry to hear that.

We applied for protection in Canada. After I was rejected I filed an appeal to RAD, which was also rejected. But by the time it was rejected my husband had already applied for PR and included us in his application as his accompanying dependents. I was considering applying for Judicial Review but my lawyer told me to just wait for the PR and not go for the Judicial Review.
My husband received his eCOPR yesterday, but we are not listed there as his dependents. His ECAS PR application status is Decision Made, mine is In Process, but we also received PR Portal invites and also uploaded our In-Canada declarations and photos. I'm really confused if we are going to receive PR's too or if he now has to sponsor us separately (which doesn't make sense because I already have an application in process)

If you haven't applied for PR yet I would suggest that you file an appeal to RAD, to buy time and make sure you're not removed from Canada before you get your pr's.

As to leaving the country, I really do not know how we can leave. I cannot leave on my own because our passports were seized and my kids' passports have since expired. There's no way our country will renew them, all embassies and consulates are rejecting us on political grounds that's one of the reasons we claimed asylum in the first place. And, even if they agreed to renew passports they would need my husband to come in personally to the consulate which he cannot do because he is a protected person. I can only leave if CBSA can secure some sort of travel documents for us.
Thank you so much for your prompt response. How long did it take to receive the response of your appeal? Did you get new/renew work/bridge permits when you applied for the PR? Regards.

elkapelka

Star Member
Nov 27, 2021
Thank you so much for your prompt response. How long did it take to receive the response of your appeal? Did you get new/renew work/bridge permits when you applied for the PR? Regards.
Hi. I appealed September 2020, and received negative decision early February 2021. I applied for a work permit extension in December 2020 which is soon expiring (Jan2022) so I will need to apply for extension again. As I do not have status now I do not know if it will be approved though.

Reactions: Janaina06

jasonsoy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
so this is my timeline after i`ve sent my pr application to case proccessing center ..
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on February 24, 2021.
  2. We started processing your application on October 18, 2021.
  3. Medical results have been received.
  4. You entered Canada at the OSC - Operations Support Centre office on December 6, 2021 and became a Permanent Resident.
but when i got my eCopr , my wife was included in my eCopr and today she got the pr portal invitation under my account and submitted necessary documents for her as well..i think we will get the pr cards both in the same time before end of this year..
but please do not pay attention to linked account information on ircc web site..it still shows 14 more months to complete my application..i did not link my application there until i got my letter..when i got that i linked it and i saw the difference because i knew that it wont show the correct timeline for my application..

Reactions: elkapelka

Nelan

Star Member
Aug 15, 2020
so this is my timeline after i`ve sent my pr application to case proccessing center ..
Permanent Residence
  4. You entered Canada at the OSC - Operations Support Centre office on December 6, 2021 and became a Permanent Resident.
but when i got my eCopr , my wife was included in my eCopr and today she got the pr portal invitation under my account and submitted necessary documents for her as well..i think we will get the pr cards both in the same time before end of this year..
but please do not pay attention to linked account information on ircc web site..it still shows 14 more months to complete my application..i did not link my application there until i got my letter..when i got that i linked it and i saw the difference because i knew that it wont show the correct timeline for my application..
That’s very fast !

elkapelka

Star Member
Nov 27, 2021
Permanent Residence
Thank you so much and I'm happy for you, that you got your applications processed this quick. Congratulations!

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
Permanent Residence
you both received the eCoPR together because you both hold a protected person status, am I correct?

elkapelka

Star Member
Nov 27, 2021
Hi everyone,

My kids and I got our eCoPR's today. Just posting it here so that anyone in a similar situation has an answer.

Janaina06

May 30, 2019
Hi guys, I would like share this with you and see if you can help me. The unexpected happened. I mentioned that my husband was accepted as Protected Person on Dec 7th, 2021 but my kids and I weren't because of our dual citizenship. Now, the "good" news. In parallel with my husband's Refugee Claim I had a Canadian Experience PR application. My PR application was approved on Dec 8th, 2021 (yes, the following day) and we all got the eCoPRs on Dec 13th, 2021. Now, the issues: now, my husband has two status: Protected Person and Permanent Resident (spouse). My kids and I were denied Protected Person status but we have eCoPRs. What should we do? Should my husband keep both? Apply for the PR through Protected Person, including us as dependents? Will my kids and I be on the removal list since we were denied Protected Person status? All CIC offices are closed and no one can help me by the phone. I hope someone can help me. Thanks!