+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependents landing before Primary applicant

flyfirefreedom

Star Member
Feb 23, 2023
Hi, I have an urgent question.
The dependent has got copr and got visa stamped (IM VISA), however, the PA is still waiting for the eCOPR..
Is there anyway that the dependent travel to canada before the ecopr issued?
While the dependent still holds valid visitor visa...
Does it work if the dependent travel using the visitor visa and then go to the boarder to landing after the PA receive eCOPR?

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
IMO, As soon as you get you IM Visa with ECOPR and you enter canada, the visitor visa will become null/void. I don't think what you are asking is possible

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
The dependent has got copr and got visa stamped (IM VISA), however, the PA is still waiting for the eCOPR..
Does it work if the dependent travel using the visitor visa and then go to the boarder to landing after the PA receive eCOPR?
Dependent cannot land first before the Primary Validates their eCOPR. If the primary is inland, wait till the virtual landing is complete.
Visitor visa is no longer valid since COPR is now issued and the permanent visa succeeds the temporary visas.
Wait till the virtual landing process is complete for the primary and don't rush.

flyfirefreedom

Star Member
Feb 23, 2023
Dependent cannot land first before the Primary Validates their eCOPR. If the primary is inland, wait till the virtual landing is complete.
Visitor visa is no longer valid since COPR is now issued and the permanent visa succeeds the temporary visas.
Wait till the virtual landing process is complete for the primary and don't rush.
thank you for the explaining....but I look through the policy and law, only when the COPR be signed by the CBSA officer then it is activited.The case is the dependents have bought the flights and everything settled, but the PA is still wating the ecpor inland..for quite a time.
Is there any way to push IRCC issue ecopr???

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15 March 2021 (Paper Application)
Doc's Request.
24-02-2022 Schedule A ( Dependant)
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
03-03-2022 Medical Passes (old medicals)
thank you for the explaining....but I look through the policy and law, only when the COPR be signed by the CBSA officer then it is activited.The case is the dependents have bought the flights and everything settled, but the PA is still wating the ecpor inland..for quite a time.
Is there any way to push IRCC issue ecopr???
Hello ! I have a similar case. Were the dependent’s able to land smoothly before the PA getting the ECOPR??

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
A dependent cannot land without PA getting their eCoPR. They'll also need a copy of PA's eCoPR upon landing.
Got it. Though they are already stamped with immigrant visa and issued a copy of copr with their name and details ?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Got it. Though they are already stamped with immigrant visa and issued a copy of copr with their name and details ?
Yes. I was talking to someone here whose spouse is outland and they are inland. IRCC's agent told them that the dependent cannot land without PA getting their eCoPR. Technically, a dependent can't land before PA, they can land with PA though - but with an inland PA, they need PA's eCoPR to prove that PA has been virtually landed.

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
Yes. I was talking to someone here whose spouse is outland and they are inland. IRCC's agent told them that the dependent cannot land without PA getting their eCoPR. Technically, a dependent can't land before PA, they can land with PA though - but with an inland PA, they need PA's eCoPR to prove that PA has been virtually landed.
Understood. Then they should not stamp the Outland dependent’s passport and issue them a copr or give them instructions to wait until the pa has been landed virtually. It’s all so confusing.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Understood. Then they should not stamp the Outland dependent’s passport and issue them a copr or give them instructions to wait until the pa has been landed virtually. It’s all so confusing.
I agree. What I shared was what I learned from seeing past cases where PA was informed on a call by IRCC's agent about this. It isn't too hard to make mistakes here as things are super unclear.

Reactions: H06

Emjey

Feb 21, 2023

Emjey

Feb 21, 2023
Hi! You mean your dependent is out side Canada and your the principal applicant is inside Canada? Your dependent received passport with Visa stamped even though you the principal applicant don't have yet ECOPR

Reactions: Dina1989

Emjey

Feb 21, 2023

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
Well ! There is a small update in my brothers case. The pa is inland and has not got copr and the dependent’s in the home country got immigration visa and copr and on arrival at the airport in Canada they were told that they can’t land them but since they have arrived in Canada on valid documents they went on to seize their passport and gave them entry for two months pending issuing of copr to the principal applicant. Hope this helps others who might be thinking to land before the principal applicant has not got a copr.

Reactions: Lord_Tony