+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent work permit during EE Profile

sroy001

May 18, 2017
Hi All,

I have received WES evaluation for myself and spouse along with IELTS score for both of us. I will be creating EE Profile and include myself as dependent spouse. We're getting score of 455 as per CRS calculator, so hopefully we'll get the ITA. Can some one help me understand will I as a dependent be able to work in Canada after landing along with my wife who's the primary applicant? Apart from listing accompanying dependent details along with work experience, what else needs to be done to ensure I can work without waiting after landing in Canada. If someone could give a realistic timeline, it will be great.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Although your wife is the primary EE applicant you as an accompanying dependent will have the same work rights as your wife once landed as PRs and with SIN to hand no waiting time to start looking for employment.

You can each apply for a SIN which allows you to work immediately after completing your landing if there is a Service Canada at the POE else apply when you reach your destination city. In either case SIN should be issued on the spot so no waiting unlike the PR card which will take some weeks to be mailed to a Canadian address

Last edited:

sroy001

May 18, 2017
Although your wife is the primary EE applicant you as an accompanying dependent will have the same work rights as your wife once landed as PRs and with SIN to hand no waiting time to start looking for employment.

You can each apply for a SIN which allows you to work immediately after completing your landing if there is a Service Canada at the POE else apply when you reach your destination city. In either case SIN should be issued on the spot so no waiting unlike the PR card which will take some weeks to be mailed to a Canadian address
Thank you so much for the insight. This makes total sense as I read on similar lines in some other blogs too.

Cheers!

sroy001

May 18, 2017
Thank you so much for the insight. This makes total sense as I read on similar lines in some other blogs too.

Cheers!
Have another question. My passport doesn't have my last name on it, however all other document has my last name since passport is very old. I've already applied for a re-issue with last name, however I'm guessing it will take atleast 1 month. In the meantime, can my wife create her EE Profile(She's the primary applicant) and add my current passport details with other details? All my documents have my last name except my passport. We have also got our PCC certificates on our existing passports