+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

dependent visa

pratikpatel2710

Feb 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi

i am currently working in canada and i am on open work permit. i recently got married. so i was wondering is it possible for my wife to get dependent visa based on my workpermit?...what are my best options to call her here??/

if there is any option what is the procedure and how long does it take??...do i have to apply from here or she has to apply from my back home??

please help me out..really appreciate your help...

thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
pratikpatel2710 said:
hi

i am currently working in canada and i am on open work permit. i recently got married. so i was wondering is it possible for my wife to get dependent visa based on my workpermit?...what are my best options to call her here??/

if there is any option what is the procedure and how long does it take??...do i have to apply from here or she has to apply from my back home??

please help me out..really appreciate your help...

thank you
Hi

A dependent spouse work permit depends on the skill level of your job. If you hold a NOC A, B or 0 job, your wife can apply. If you don't, she doesn't qualify. She could try for a visitor visa but would not be able to work.

There are many threads about this topic in the Foreign Workers section of the forum http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/foreign-workers-b10.0/

pratikpatel2710

Feb 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi

i am skilled worker and my job category comes under NOC B. can i apply for her workpermit from here in canada or she has to apply from india. what are the application forms to apply for her workpermit?

thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Follow the link I posted to the Foreign Workers section, where you will find many threads explaining the process.

kkalra

Star Member
Jun 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Your best bet would be to apply for her visitor visa first as it take only a couple of weeks from India to get if it is accepted. Work permit process stake a few months.

You can apply for her work permit once she gets here.

Jobrampton

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
Hello

My question is my sister sponsored us along with my parents when she sponsored us I was single but while waiting for my immigrant status I have a family but my sister didn't declare that I have a family because she said if we declare them it's hard for us to come here and it will take time for us to come here. Now my status here is single. Now I wanna sponsor my family what do I have to do?

P.S. We're not married.
Thank you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Jobrampton said:
Hello

My question is my sister sponsored us along with my parents when she sponsored us I was single but while waiting for my immigrant status I have a family but my sister didn't declare that I have a family because she said if we declare them it's hard for us to come here and it will take time for us to come here. Now my status here is single. Now I wanna sponsor my family what do I have to do?

P.S. We're not married.
Thank you.
Hi

You need to give more information.

You said you're not married. Who are you referring to when you say "family"? Did you live with your partner for a year and become common-law prior to landing as a PR? Did you have a child/children prior to landing as a PR? Or are you referring to a boyfriend/girlfriend that you haven't lived with?

Jobrampton

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

You need to give more information.

You said you're not married. Who are you referring to when you say "family"? Did you live with your partner for a year and become common-law prior to landing as a PR? Did you have a child/children prior to landing as a PR? Or are you referring to a boyfriend/girlfriend that you haven't lived with?
Hello thank you for answering me.
Yes I have girlfriend and children with her, right now my status here at Canada is permanent resident, I've been here for 5 months now. Also with been together for 6 years now.

Jobrampton

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
Jobrampton said:
Hello thank you for answering me.
Yes I have girlfriend and children with her, right now my status here at Canada is permanent resident, I've been here for 5 months now. Also with been together for 6 years now.
Yes we are living together while waiting for my PR.
Yes we had kids while waiting for my PR.
But we're not married yet

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Jobrampton said:
Yes we are living together while waiting for my PR.
Yes we had kids while waiting for my PR.
But we're not married yet
It doesn't matter that you're not married. You are common-law and you've had children.

By not declaring your family, you (and also your sister and principal applicant parent) committed misrepresentation. This is fraud, a crime. As a result, your partner and children are excluded from the family class and you will never be able to sponsor them to Canada. CIC could also revoke PR status from every family member in the application if they become aware of the fraud.

The only way for them to immigrate to Canada is if your partner can qualify on her own through an economic class, such as FSW, CEC or PNP.

Jobrampton

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
canuck_in_uk said:
It doesn't matter that you're not married. You are common-law and you've had children.

By not declaring your family, you (and also your sister and principal applicant parent) committed misrepresentation. This is fraud, a crime. As a result, your partner and children are excluded from the family class and you will never be able to sponsor them to Canada. CIC could also revoke PR status from every family member in the application if they become aware of the fraud.

The only way for them to immigrate to Canada is if your partner can qualify on her own through an economic class, such as FSW, CEC or PNP.
Even though my sister will commit a crime and will revoke her Canadian status here?
What are those fsw, cec or pnp? This there any other option?

Jobrampton

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
Jobrampton said:
Even though my sister will commit a crime and will revoke her Canadian status here?
What if my sister will sponsor her as a live in caregiver?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Jobrampton said:

What if my sister will sponsor her as a live in caregiver?
Yes, your sister committed a crime by lying on the application. It is unlikely she would lose her PR status but it is possible.

See here for a list of immigration streams http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp

Your partner would have to apply through one of the economic streams. If she has the necessary qualifications for LCP, she could try that.

Jobrampton

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
canuck_in_uk said:
Yes, your sister committed a crime by lying on the application. It is unlikely she would lose her PR status but it is possible.

See here for a list of immigration streams http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp

Your partner would have to apply through one of the economic streams. If she has the necessary qualifications for LCP, she could try that.
She's Canadian citizen now. She's been here for 9 years, actually I don't think she will be qualified for this status she didn't finish college she only finish high school, can my sister sponsor her as a live in caregiver? I don't want to take my changes sponsoring them I don't want my parents and sibling get involve in this and will change to revoke their status. If you don't mind me asking, are you a visa officer? Thank you somehow I have a answer through this.

Jobrampton

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
Jobrampton said:
She's Canadian citizen now. She's been here for 9 years, actually I don't think she will be qualified for this status she didn't finish college she only finish high school, can my sister sponsor her as a live in caregiver? I don't want to take my changes sponsoring them I don't want my parents and sibling get involve in this and will change to revoke their status. If you don't mind me asking, are you a visa officer? Thank you somehow I have a answer through this.
The website you gave me the live in caregiver is applied there I will discuss this to my sister if she's willing to sponsor her as a live in caregiver. Thank you for the link.