+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Visa !!!

sunkari.Raman

Dec 24, 2013
Hello Everyone,

I've posted this in different forums but i did't received any information yet. So helping my self to post this here and expectiong som help.
As my wife is planning to Study Health Care Administration Program (Full Time Program 18 months) from St. Lawrence College. As the basic requirements to eligible for this Course is, Previous Study should be related to Course and should have related experince and she meets all the basic requirements here. As she did Masters in Hospital Managment from Apollo Institute ( Hyderabad, India). and she is working as a Sr. Executive in one of the Single Speciality hospital. My actual concern are as below,

1. I want to travel along with my Wife and obtain Open Work Permit. what are the possible ways ?
2. Do i need to travel as a Visitor and apply for Open Work Permit after reaching Canada ?
3. Do i need to apply my dependant visa along with my Wife (Student) Visa ? ( i dont have any issues in showing funds under SPP for both the applicants for 1 year which is 20K CAN $.

Request you to please help me on this !!!

Thanks
Raman..

sunkari.Raman

Dec 24, 2013
ThanQ Leon for your quick reply !!!

One more calrification..

I've visited local consultancy here in Hyderabad, and they are saying you should not apply dependent visa along with your wife.
In that case i've asked them i can visit canada as a Visitor and then i can apply for Dependent after reaciong Canada ? For this they said you have little chances to get your visa it might get reject. I'm little confused ? :(

My concern is if my Dependent visa is rejected ? can i legally fight for my visa staying in Canada ?

Regards,
Raman...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunkari.Raman said:
ThanQ Leon for your quick reply !!!

One more calrification..

I've visited local consultancy here in Hyderabad, and they are saying you should not apply dependent visa along with your wife.
In that case i've asked them i can visit canada as a Visitor and then i can apply for Dependent after reaciong Canada ? For this they said you have little chances to get your visa it might get reject. I'm little confused ? :(

My concern is if my Dependent visa is rejected ? can i legally fight for my visa staying in Canada ?

Regards,
Raman...
Immigration always looks at the risk of overstay. If your wife applies alone at first stating that she is leaving her husband behind and she will therefore return to home country after her studies, this may increase her odds of being approved but may hurt your chances of later getting a visa to visit her or to join her with an open work permit. Or you apply together in which case you will most likely either both be approved or denied.

It is not your legal right to get a visa to enter Canada so no, you can not fight anything legally. If you are denied, the only thing you can do is try to work on the reasons why you were denied and show more proof and apply again.