+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent visa for a spouse for a full time student.

appslove19

May 1, 2019
Hi,

Currently I am a full time student with a valid study permit in Winnipeg MB. I want to sponsor my wife. She is in India. Can I possibly do that? If yes then How?

appslove19

May 1, 2019
Your wife is eligible for an Open Work Permit valid for the duration of your Study Permit. If approved, you wife can come here and work in any occupation. It is advisable for her to try and find a job in a high skilled occupation in order to put you and her in the best situation to apply for PR. After you graduate, apply for a post graduate work permit (i am assuming you qualify for a PGWP). Then you need to get a high skilled job (NOC 0, A, or B). If you get that then you can extend your wife and get her another OSWP, which will be valid for the duration of your PGWP. At this point you want to accumulate as much points to qualify for Express Entry. Assuming (either of) you have a high skilled job and good English as well as a high level of education, one of you should qualify for PR under EE and complete the application with a dependent attached.

That's it, you and your wife will have PR and not have to be separated for a long time!! This is what would be my plan of action if i was in your
position.
I appreciate your view. That sounds really good.
But what if I am not getting NOC 0,A or B job on PGWP?