+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

dependent visa/family visa?

jaisondthomas

Sep 27, 2012
my wife, LPN(nurse),Alberta,has 2 year valid work permit(not a permanent resident or citizen), i applied for visiting visa(from India)
and rejected, which is the right visa for me? a consultant told me, apply for dependent visa/family visa,i doubt it is not applicable for me,,in official site i found, only a PR holder or citizen can bring there spouse on dependent visa,i guess i am right, please clarify me.

rutu

Aug 3, 2012
jaisondthomas said:
my wife, LPN(nurse),Alberta,has 2 year valid work permit(not a permanent resident or citizen), i applied for visiting visa(from India)
and rejected, which is the right visa for me? a consultant told me, apply for dependent visa/family visa,i doubt it is not applicable for me,,in official site i found, only a PR holder or citizen can bring there spouse on dependent visa,i guess i am right, please clarify me.
Their is no dependent visa category in Canada for those who holds temporary visa .

you are right only citizen's dependents can apply for dependent visa

You must apply for open Work permit this is specially for Spouse of the person who holds Work permit of Canada .

Please read carefully below link ..

www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who.asp

Hope this helps, thanks

Rutu

rutu

Aug 3, 2012
jaisondthomas said:
thank you very much.
You are welcome and please see below link of Application package Forms and document checklist that you will require to submit

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/work.asp

All the best

Rutu

jaisondthomas

Sep 27, 2012
for this i need an offer letter right? , currently i am working in India, no offer from
a Canadian employer. Canadian offer letter is mandatory?

rutu

Aug 3, 2012
jaisondthomas said:
for this i need an offer letter right? , currently i am working in India, no offer from
a Canadian employer. Canadian offer letter is mandatory?
No you do not need any offer letter or LMO to apply for Open work permit.

You just have to mention in form that you are applying for Open work permit and you have to show ur marraige certificate and your spouse's LMO and work permit proof.

Hope it helps

Thanks

Rutu

jaisondthomas

Sep 27, 2012
thanks, it helped me a lot, any idea about money and asset me and my wife show in
bank? i am asking this because last time my visiting visa got rejected mentioning that my fund is
insufficient, now i am very much concerned about fund,for open work permit, how can i know about the financial back up and all? is it recommended to do with help of a consultant, or i can do myself? please clarify me.

rutu

Aug 3, 2012
jaisondthomas said:
thanks, it helped me a lot, any idea about money and asset me and my wife show in
bank? i am asking this because last time my visiting visa got rejected mentioning that my fund is
insufficient, now i am very much concerned fund,for open work permit how can know about the financial back up and all?
Sorry even i am not aware of it yet but you can call to Canada VFS helpline number and take some guidance.. just call and let me know what they said ...

You can search this number by google ..

You can call them tomorrow coz their lines are open 9am to 5 pm Indian timings

Thanks

Rutu

rutu

Aug 3, 2012
jaisondthomas said:
insufficient, now i am very much concerned about fund,for open work permit, how can i know about the financial back up and all? is it recommended to do with help of a consultant, or i can do myself? please clarify me.
Logically I can say Visitor visa requires more funds as you need to show your living and traveling expense while you are in canada.

but for work permit you will be working their and earning money so they wont require too much funds ...

this is my suggestion but still you ask VFS and let me know

Summerr

Jun 28, 2010
Ontario
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14 NOV 2013
Doc's Request.
15 May 2014(reminder mail) and 11 June 2014(specifics)
Nomination.....
1 Oct 2013
AOR Received.
7 January 2014
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
7 January 2014
Interview........
No Interview but Decision Made on July 7
LANDED..........
Inland
You dont need job offer or LMO when your spouse is already working in Canada on a WP.

jaisondthomas

Sep 27, 2012
ok, like you said i called vfs, they didn't say anything about bank fund, they
talked generally about documents need, processing time etc, they said," no need of
your wife documents other than marriage certificate since your are the primary applicant for open work
permit , if necessary you can give wife document, if you like"

i called a consultant , they said , like you said , open work permit for spouse who has work permit in
Canada, both the above statements are contradict to each other right?

consultant gave me this below link
www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/spouses-conjoints.aspx?view=d

can you help me to find any reputed consultant in kerala,India who do open work permit?
please clarify me.