+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent of International student in Canada Health Card

chicov310

Jan 25, 2022
Guys I need your help! Im international student here in London Ontario and I have my own Health card " Morcare" from University. I would like to ask if my Dependent wife with " open work permit" and Son Can get there own Government Health card? " OHIP"

Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Guys I need your help! Im international student here in London Ontario and I have my own Health card " Morcare" from University. I would like to ask if my Dependent wife with " open work permit" and Son Can get there own Government Health card? " OHIP"

Thanks!
Normally you need to pay to add them to your international student plan. Is your spouse working full-time? Is her contract for over 6 months?

chicov310

Jan 25, 2022
she manage to get full time job . no contract for like continuous work. CAn she apply if its more than a year contract incase

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
she manage to get full time job . no contract for like continuous work. CAn she apply if its more than a year contract incase
Yes she should be able to get OHIP if she can show she will be employed full-time for over 6 months. She would not have things like medication and dental coverage that she would get through your international student plan unless her employer offers extended health benefit plan she can pay into.is there a reason you don’t want to enrol in the international student plan?